Chapter 16.5

Y/N prayed to every God mentioned in the stories she heard and books she'd read growing up that the abnormal size of this monstrosity preceded the size of its brain. The last thing they needed was an over 15 meter tall Abnormal titan with a speck of intelligence. It was a challenge to not trip and fall within the area of its feet with all the stomping and movement from the Titan while having to avoid being hit by cannon balls and flying pieces of hot flesh and bone fragments.

Getting up to the nape yet another arduous task-it was the icing on their tower list of problems. Close contact with Titans are usually avoides for obvious reasons, thus, many don't seem to notice that, just like humans, titans too produce perspiration. The heavy droplets of sweat and slick, slimy skin made it twice as hard for the two to get up. Y/N's clothes felt heavier with the sweat soaking into her uniform. She clung on to the back of the Titan's thigh.

"We need to slow it down!" She yelled across to the Squad Leader, "Make it fall! Or something!"

Hange nodded, pointing down. "The back of its knees!" She lowered herself down , balancing herself on the deformed calf and delivered a powerful swing chopping off tendons and muscles, hot blood splashing on her face. The Titan jerked forward, falling onto one knee, causing the soldiers to stumble and lose balance. Y/N slammed into the side of the Titan's leg, swiftly stabbing her blade into its hot flesh using it as a support to keep her off ground, far away from the dangers of being trampled like a bug.

The Titan groaned, falling onto the other knee as Hange propelled herself up higher towards the nape. Just then, Y/N felt a pair of eyes on her and glanced up, the Titan with a deep-set frown burrowed on its face, stared her down. It's dark hair swaying in the wind. It's bulging eyes and open-smiled mouth was a sort kind of nightmare fuel she would never wish on anybody, even her worse enemies.

"Y/N!" Hange yelled in horror, aware of the brutal death that would follow. Not again.

Y/N felt so fucking small. Fear began to settle snuggly into her chest, stiffled fist-like poundings over and over again in her ears. Her hands trembled, legs numb as she clung on to dear life unable to tear her eyes away from the rotund spheres of greens reeking with the stench of murder mayhem. A small whimper left her mouth.

Move! Move! Her mind cried out to her body, Please!

The Titan lowered it's opened its bloodthirsty mouth, salivating at the sight of human flesh. There was no escape, her body didn't allow it-

Is this it? Will I never have another bowl of soup with the Captain? Mom will never know I've lived this long. Well, at least my death would be a realit-

"OI! OVER HERE YOU BIG DUMB BASTARD!" Johann scream, snapping her out of her fear. She whipped her head to the side, a smile crept on her face, the guy who was on his knees crying minutes ago wanting to run was standing on his two feet waving his hands and blades in circles in the air, forcing the Titan to redirect it's attention to him frona brief moment.

Choose. They can't protect you for long. We're responsible for one another. Don't let your team down. She reminded herself, setting ablaze her body's frozen state. Her fingers released the auxiliary switch on the grip of her blade, unlocking the grip from its counterpart. She dropped to the ground, regaining the Titan's attention. The steaming raw deep gashes behind it's knees stitching up within mere seconds of when it was cut. There was no time to think.

She maneuvered herself across the the Titan's leg like it was a fucking hurdle just in time to avoid the Titan's enraged fist. In that moment, she realised the position she was in-and how that greatly benefited Hange and Johann. She just hoped they'd put thier trust in her.

"Y/N!" Hange yelled, her eyes wide, shifting her position to ready herself to rescue her friend.

"I got it under control!" Y/N said. She could see the reluctance on Hange's face. "Trust me, get to the nape!"

The Titan had locked its undying attention on her. Like an annoying fly, she would distract it long enough for Hange to finish the job. She anchored herself onto the Titan's hand and ran up the length of its arm, digger her blade along its skin ripping at the flesh to produce steam for temporary coverage. It was dumb enough risk to take but she wagered that the chances of her surviving would be much higher. Her mission was distraction-and she bloody hoped Hange would get there in time.

The other hand came down to swat her off, expecting it, she shifted her body weight away from the direction of the incoming arm quickly repositioning herself back on it. Left and right she propelled herself up along its upperbody using its own hands against it. Keep going, buy time. She reminded herself.

Up and down she went until...she couldn't.

Her breath hitched at her throat as she felt a sharp, sudden force yank her back from the hips. Her feet was dangling in mid-air but she was not flying. Oh God, I am so royally fucked.

The Titan ripped the wires off its body, holding her up in the air. Was it coincidence or gain intelligence in such a short amount of time? She blocked out the thought, bringing her mind back focusing on getting out alive.

Her sweaty fingers quickly worked to unbuckle the ODM gear around her waist. It was a race against time. "Get off, get off, get off!" She rambled to herself. She could feel the Titan lift her up higher towards its mouth. Just as she felt it's breath graze the top of her he as she unbuckled the last buckle and plunged down.

She landed on a pillowy surface that was not the ground. In that millisecond she felt air being squeezed out of her lungs. She struggled and wiggled to free herself from the Titan's grip, only to realise the more she struggled the tighter the squeeze was. Panic began to set into her as it brought her up to its face. The monster let out a taunting, mocking hum as if to proudly boast that it had won.

A pit of anger and hatred split open in her heart letting out a selfish, fiery stream of rage. This thing abused its freedom beyond the Walls while humanity remained caged in. Humanity deserved deserved to see the blue skies beyond the Walls—but she knew it wouldn't happen as long as Titans continue their tyrannical dominion over the world as she knew. "Go to hell," she spat in spite.

It groaned, stretching it's jaws open revealing the abyssal depths of a bloody cave. She choked on the pungent smell and feel of its warm breath against her skin as it brought her closer to her death. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping it would end quickly. She had suffered enough; she only wanted her death to be quick.

In the dark, she felt her body free fall.

Down.

And down.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Word count: 1248

Hope you found this 2 parter enjoyable. Let me know if I should spilt longer chapters up more often like this or would you prefer them to be combined into one chapter?

Also thank you for getting Blue to #3 on surveycorps tag as of 22/2/2022. I never imagined my potato of a book would sit that high amongst many other great books 😭😭 It got me much excited to push out this chapter as soon as possible. Thank you so much!!

Have a good day, y'all.

xx alex