ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀ ɢɪɴɢᴇʀ ᴋɪꜱꜱᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ꜰʀᴇᴄᴋʟᴇ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀꜱ

Start from the beginning

Acting tentatively, I pressed my head against his warm chest. He seemed to like that, hesitantly smoothing his hands over my hair. Leaning down, his face lowered to mine.

"Did you miss me?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?" A beam shot upon his face, he laughed. Victor tugged me around from side to side, picking me up to spin me around. "Maybe? Are you sure about that?"

"Yes!" I giggled, smacking him on his chest. "Now put me down!"

"Alriiight." He obliged, setting me on the floor. Caught up in the happiness of it all, my longing became too unbearable. I grasped his face in my hands, catching his freckle-covered lips with my own.

I caught him off guard, a slight gasp came from him. The warmth of his breath sent a shiver down my skin. He adjusted quickly and drew me close, clinging to my shirt. And I kissed him again. And again. And again.

"Oh."

Victor's fingers indented in my skin, a groan leaving his mouth as he dragged me over to the cot.

"I'm so going to hell for this."

He kissed me back, pushing me back on the cot. He broke his vow. I couldn't be more pleased. My hands went for his hair, bringing him closer. I tilted my head back, blissfully ignoring everything else. Amnesia had been kissed upon me.

Victor feverishly laid his lips in the crevice of my neck, squeezing different parts of my body. He started to make his way down, leaving burning kisses from my neck to my stomach.

It was only when he began to peel my shirt up that I had a problem. I didn't want him to touch my wound, to see the bandage. I didn't want to see it either.

"Don't." With a sharp tug of his hair, he dropped the material, coming out of his daze. After shaking out of his stupor, he crawled back to the top of me, returning to collarbone kisses.

"This better?"

"Much better." I closed my eyes, biting down on my lip, breathing in pleasure. I couldn't remember a thing. That's why it felt so good.

"Y/n?" Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. "Oh my God!" My eyes shot open to see Chuck by the entrance of the tent, indigestible horror struck his face.

"Shit." Hissing, I shoved Victor off of me. His head spun towards Chuck, eyes widening.

"Fuck." He fell off of the cot in clumsy haste. Scrambling to his feet, Victor stammered. "Uh, it's probably best if I go now. Bye y/n."

Bright cheeks matching his hair, he sidestepped around Chuck, skirting out of the medical tent.

There was a pause. Chuck's face contorted from shock to confusion to anger to sadness. The cycle circled back around, repeating.

I had just been walked in on. Chuck had walked in on me. I didn't think anything more embarrassing could exist. Words abandoned me, leaving my jaw dropped.

What could I do? What could I say? Say something y/n! Do anything! Come on!

Miraculously, I found the perfect out when I pointed out his hand. He was holding it in his other palm, sliced open, blood trickling from it.

"Your hand." Tucking my hair behind my ear, I straightened myself out, clearing my throat. "You've been cut."

"Right." Chuck blinked away his emotions, covering them with a front. "That's what I came here for. Could you- Um- Maybe help me?"

"Of course, here!" I patted the cot I was perched on, shooting up to find bandages. Collecting Mary's bag, I popped the clasp open, digging to pull out a roll of gauze.

Light on my feet, I made it over to Chuck in no time at all. My face flushed with warmth, heat collapsing on the skin over and over and over again. As quick as I could, I spun the bandage around his open flesh. My hands trembled, almost dropping the roll. Silently cursing myself, I tied the gauze up, keeping his cut secure.

"Y/n?"

"Yes!" I blurted, eyes pouring into him.

"Is Victor your new Gally?"

Was he my new Gally? Was I just toying with him? What was I doing? What on earth was I doing? Why was I acting so crazy?

"No." Answering his digging question, I clasped my hands together in my lap. Chuck sat knee to knee with me. We both stared to the back of the tent, the back of my neck still scalding. "No one could be Gally. They're different people."

"Do you like Victor like I like you?"

"No. It's different."

"If I were older would you like me like you like him?" Chuck asked earnestly, his shoulder brushing mine. He caused me a perpetual headache. He really did.

"Chuck, you're my best friend." Sighing, I squeezed my eyes closed. "And one day you are gonna meet the perfect girl for you."

"But you are the perfect girl."

"A girl your age." I pressed, hands starting to gesture around. "And you are going to fall so in love and you're going to get your heart broken and you're going to break a lot of hearts...but don't break mine." My eyes fell on him, softly gazing on his childish features, on his curled hair and cherub cheeks. I saw him as a baby. He was my baby. Nothing more, nothing less. "Just let us stay friends. Please?"

His head fell on my shoulder and then he was hugging me, squeezing the oxygen out of me. My friend, Chuck, my little buddy.

"I can't turn it off, but I'll try." He mumbled, muffled by my shirt.

He'd try to be better. I'd try to be better. We both would.