THIRTY-SIX (Iselen POV)

Start from the beginning

"Wow, she's prettier than I expected," I admit inside my head while grimacing discreetly. My hunter is freaking out and I feel like I could throw up right now, in addition to this I can feel my sisters' concern because they're watching me twisting on the pillows, probably. "Pull yourself together, your idiot," I growl while my druid tries to shove some sense in the hunter's head, I can't defend myself if I'm feeling dizzy.

The succubus is standing in front of us, staring at Ruby with a mocking grin and ignoring Morgan and me. She's a tall and blonde woman, quite beautiful and she's pleasant to look at, but doesn't look extraordinarily gorgeous and tries not to grab attention. Which means she's smart and this is why she's been kidnapping souls for a long time without anyone noticing it: she's trying to be discreet, even when choosing her clothes. Her dark blue suit is dull and I wouldn't look at her twice if I bumped into her at the airport. She made a huge mistake attacking my coven's friends, otherwise, she could've forced people to commit suicide for years without being bothered.

"Oh, how cute, Ruby. Are you dreaming about going on vacation with your girlfriend and cat? I already told you Iselen doesn't love you, she only wants your fame to be able to promote her books..." I blink surprised listening to her words, her tone of voice is sweet and pleasant, it caresses my ears softly even if what she's saying makes no sense to me. The hunter twists in my mind and my stomach clenches but the druid ignores him and she focuses on watching this woman, shaking her head.

"That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard in my life," I whisper and the succubus looks at me shocked, moving a step back cautiously.

"What are you doing here?" she asks softly, her eyes rake all over my body with distrust when she finally realizes I'm real and Ruby's not dreaming about me.

"I felt curious about you and wanted to meet you, Abrahel," I answer swallowing hard. This is not the right time to throw up on her shoes even if I want to do it. "Are you really a demon?" I try to copy her mocking tone of voice, staring at her pretending not to believe her. The succubus smiles cockily and magical power swirls around her like a warm wind, my hunter freaks out again when he notices I'm provoking her deliberately and the druid has to kick his ass so he shuts up and we can listen to her answer.

"My true nature is hard to understand for a stupid child like you, who knows nothing about magic. Honestly, I don't know why Ruby doesn't die of boredom living with you, she's immeasurably more experienced and wiser than you, any of those witches that are your friends have way more knowledge... You can compare to them. You're too weak and insecure," the succubus answers bitterly and I hold back my breath after feeling her words like a punch in my stomach; my druid lowers her head inside my mind, embarrassed. It's true that this bitch has a gift for finding her enemies' weaknesses and she can say what can hurt them the most.

"Stop it, Abrahel. You're talking nonsense and, anyway, your dirty trick doesn't work with us..." Ruby snorts, amused, before frowning. "We're hear to defeat your and release our friends' souls."

"You two?" The demon smiles smugly again and she even seems to relax when she understands what our intentions are, she doesn't think we can fight her because she hasn't realized how close our sisters are.

"The Council has arrested your minions in New York."

"Those idiots," Abrahel cuts my girl off, shaking her head. "Useless witches and completely unbearable... like your girlfriend." The demon's persuasive voice attacks me again and this time it comes with a small magical energy pulse. I move a step back, scared when I realize she's casted a spell against me, but the charms around my neck are protecting me absorbing the negative energy and she smiles watching me closely, like she's testing the waters and checking my defences.