26: Drawings and Puzzles

Start from the beginning

Billy grins at Steve's annoyed glare and turns off his water

"Maybe I'll take my shot," And with that, Billy leaves.

Steve glares at the wall for a moment before turning his shower back on.

He tries to ignore the ping of jealousy in his chest but its no use. Him and Nancy just broke up. Why is he so jealous?

He's been friends with Gwen for close to a year now, yet his feelings for her seem amplified all the sudden. He never gave in to those feelings of course, because he was with Nancy. He loved Nancy...

Oh, shit.

Steve loved Nancy.

Steve loves Gwen.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hopper finally got the message to meet Joyce. He never got one for Gwen since Dustin called and the lady on the phone thought it was a prank.

That's not really the lady's fault though. Something about a thirteen year old boy saying, 'I swear to god, an invisible force threw her like a hundred feet in the air' doesn't scream 'urgent'.

Hopper sits on Will's bed with his drawing of the shadow monster in his grasp. "So this thing, this shadow thing. You told your mom it likes it like this. It likes it cold?"

Will nods. "Yeah."

"How do you know that?"

"I just know," Will shrugs.

Hopper glances at the drawing again. "Does he talk to you?"

Will shakes his head. "No. It's like... I don't have to think. I just know things now. Things I never did before."

Hopper stands up and sighs. "And, uh..." He takes a seat on another chair. "What else do you know?"

"It's hard to explain," Will says. "It's like old memories in the back of my head, only... they're not my memories. I mean, I don't think they're old memories at all. They're... they're now-memories, happening all at once, now."

"Can you describe these now-memories?" Hopper asks softly.

Will thinks for a moment before shaking his head. "I don't know... Maybe Gwen can."

Hopper sits up straighter. "Gwen? What about Gwen?"

"Gwen was there, too," Joyce says. "She had an episode."

Hopper sighs. She told Hopper that her episodes stopped.

"Can you try to explain?" Hopper asks Will.

Will just gets tears eyes and shakes his head. "It's like... They're growing and spreading... killing," He starts to cry harder, becoming overwhelmed. "I'm sorry."

Joyce pulls her son into a hug. "No, no, no. It's okay, sweetie." Joyce catches eye of one of Will's drawings, an idea striking her. "Hey, sweetie. What if you didn't have to use words?"

They get Will sat in front of a desk, bringing paper for him and crayons.

He starts drawing like a mad man. He gets sucked into some sort of trance-like state, just drawing without thinking.