Serious concern

(y/n)'s POV:

I feel my airways being restricted from the big group hug they attacked me with once more as soon as we set foot into the shared room of Draken and Mikey, "Guys, I know you missed me but please I can't breathe." I spoke in protest and they promptly complied. I rub my chest to ease the pressure with a sigh. "Sorry (y/n)..." Hina apologized suddenly looking guilty of her previous action to which I couldn't help but softly hug her whilst caressing the back of her head, "It's ok. I mean I literally came back from the dead." I pull away from her and took a step back to observe every each one of them.

They all looked tired.

I internally felt at fault for causing them so much grief-

I felt my head launch forward. I immediately knew that it was Jason, "(Y/n), whatever you're thinking right now stop it." Jason sternly said. I face him with a straight face, "Bold of you to think I can stop my gay thou-"

"(Y/n), you know what I meant and I don't need to repeat myself." Jason sharply cuts me off with a firm gaze as well as crossing his arms to show he was serious. I stare at him and then at the ground. At this point there's no point in arguing about it. It was evident that Jason figured out my current thoughts.

Jason sigh as he walks up to me and brought me into his embrace as he softly spoke, "We believed you were dead. Our mourning and grief was expected. Death is unexpected. It could always be just around the corner. So stop blaming yourself for every little insignificant things that bothers us. It's not your fault." I softly wrap my arms around him and give him a gentle squeeze, "I know but it's just....I couldn't help it." Jason rub his hand on my back in a soothing motion, "As long as you're aware of it."

Me and Jason part ways. I proceed to sit on Draken's bed. Then, the voice of Koko brought our attention, "(Y/n).... what happened to you?" It doesn't take a genius to understand what he had implied. Though, my mind did blank out upon hearing his question, the memories of the event resurfacing, "I.. remembered clearly that I told you all to go ahead of me before taking off. I got there and it was chaos...."

Suddenly multiple faces flashes before me, " I was evacuating the citizens but then all of a sudden...my surroundings turned pitch black... and then...." my own words got caught inside my throat, "I..saw them.." my breath briefly staggered and for a few seconds all I heard was my own heartbeat, "I saw their faces....they kept asking me why didn't I save them." I felt a warm hand cupping mine. I look up to see Takeomi giving me a reassuring eyes. I took a shaky deep breath before resuming my narrative, "I-I didn't know what to do I that moment...and that brief moment turned into painful sensation in my chest." I glance at the others around me, "And as I was falling, that was when I realized, I got impaled...then I blacked out."

Silence overtook the room, then I broke the silence, "I have to stop whoever that was." my statement was met with multiple backlash as Takeomi pull me in slightly by the hand that he held to comforted me. Though, it's not so comforting now that my eyes were met with angry ones, "Are out of your mind?!" Takeomi exclaimed. Kazutora then pitch in, his voice came out slightly shaky, "(Y/n), you do realized that whoever that was almost killed you right? If you go out there again, you might die for real."

My body involuntarily stiffens at the mention of death, "I....He....If I don't do anything he's going to wreck havoc on the people. I can't just sit idly by while the bad guy runs around and does things as they please." I reason with them but they don't budge one bit.

Argh, we must they be so stubborn?

"(Y/n)." the voice of Shinichiro brought my attention towards him, only to see his face drenched with new fresh tears, "Please, for once, just stay still..." his low shaky voice brought about the return of guilt and speechlessness. All I could do was look down at my lap.

Hands gently cups my cheeks and guide them so that my head was face to face with Benkei, his brows knitted upward, he spoke in a soft tone, "Listen (y/n), we've...never told about this because we believe in you, in your abilities. We could always trust you that you'll come back to us. But after what occurred..." I free my hand from Takeomi to lay them on Benkei's cheek, "But here I am. I'm still alive in the end and I'm sure it'll be the same next time-"

"STOP IT!" my eyes widen at Yuzuha's volumes and when I look at her, she was in the same state as Shinichiro, "Do you know how worried we were?!" she screamed as she walked towards me. Benkei immediately moves out of the way and now with Yuzuha in his place, she grabs ahold of my collar and get all up in my face, she was angry,  "Every single time you went out, we kept fearing for your life! It always bothers us whenever the thought of you never coming home because  something bad happened!" her face angry demeanor begins to falter and soon a saddened expression replaces it as well as her hold on me loosen,  "We really thought you died. We were even at the stage of accepting it. And now that we finally have you back you immediately want to throw your life away again?...Why?...Why do you do this to yourself (y/n)? You're so... cruel." she then broke down.

My jaw clenched as I felt my nose sting and tears welling up my eyes. I gently brought her into an embrace and she dig her face into my shoulder. Yuzuha and I stayed that way for a couple of seconds before we part ways.

While she wipes away the remaining tears, I glance at the others as they stood by in a gloomy silence. "....I'm..sorry...everyone." although I was facing them, I couldn't met their eyes. Chifuyu kneels down beside Yuzuha and take ahold of my hands, "We understand that you have this sense of duty. But just this once, can you grant us one favor, and stay with us? Just until you're completely fine again." Chifuyu gently squeeze my hands while maintaining eye contact. "Please, (y/n)." I heard Hakkai plead.

Their plead made me thought back of when was the last time I truly enjoyed a normal life. It's crazy how within just a year time, the idea of saving people and beat up bad guys became so deep-rooted in my thoughts that I didn't even took a moment to second guess. Because if I don't, who would do it in my place? Was what I always ended up thinking. I was so caught up with danger and adrenaline that I often forget about my own life.

Maybe, I should take a break from being Spiderwoman for awhile.

A small smile made its way onto my face, as Chifuyu's eyes me with anticipation, "Alright, I will stay with you all for awhile." At that Chifuyu launch a hug at me and he clung onto me while repetitively chanting his thanks, I look at the others, "What are you guys waiting for? Come give me my hugs." and just like that everyone scurry to hug me.

Aaaah, maybe I shouldn't have said that........ow.....my chest.