Portrait and vet clinic visit

Me: Writing "Other side of the story pt.4 : War" fight scenes, intending it to be hella cool.

Readers: It's too cute. I can't.

Also me after rereading what I wrote: Damn it.......it is cute.
_______________________________

(y/n)'s POV:

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch any sleep. The thought of what my father's reaction towards the ruined portrait of my mom kept me up all night.

I lay my forearm over my eyes as I deeply inhale then exhale. I sat up and glance at the teared portrait on my desk. Then, I hear a notification bell indicating someone texted me. I check my phone, it was Jason.

Jason: Eyyy miss croissant! Down to hang out today?

I stare at his message for a while before replying back.

You: Nah, I can't today. I'll be busy

Jason: Alright, that's cool. Then let's hang out next time!

You: Ayt

Closing my phone, I set it aside and walk towards my door ready to do my morning routine and start the day even if it's earlier than usual. When I twist my doorknob and swing it open.

Right infront of me, all of my cats were still there. Awake.

Oh. Mr. Fluff is not here.

They never wake up this early. Ever.

So the only conclusion I can draw was that they stayed up all night infront of my door.

'I guess they can't sleep as well. Rather strange for cats... but I guess I do have some unique cats.' I then hear a meow as well as a soft paw softly poking my leg, it was Sunny. I squat down and gently, I scratch under her chin before rubbing her head. Velvet and Molly soon joins in and I did the same thing to them, "There there..." I quietly muttered. Right behind Velvet, I saw Braveheart slowly and cautiously approach me his ears flat against his head. Our eyes meet briefly but he quickly looked down.

Then I hear several other meows which turn my attention to the rest of them. As I observe them, I notice they all had some form of injury but fortunately it wasn't serious.

Well besides Blueberry's tail.

They all wear a look of nervousness. They continue meowing. I stare at them for a moment before a sigh escaped me. I proceed to drop onto my butt from my squating position into a criss cross. Then I gently lift Braveheart's head so I can quickly check how deep the cut on his cheek was.

It was a bit deep but nothing too serious.

I then briefly pet him before I close my eyes, trying to gather my thoughts, then without opening my eyes I said, "You know fully well what you did, right?" my eyes open to meet with theirs, "Honestly....I'm still mad about what happened...That portrait is something VERY important to my father ever since she passed, but now that it's ruined I don't know how I'll bring it up to him." I think I saw some of their eyes widen, I'm not too sure since I haven't sleep a wink. I let out another deep sigh as raise a hand to rub my temple, I now speak more so to myself, "I'm mad, sad and disappointed because of what you guys did, but I'm also disappointed at myself cause I sort of knew this would happen but brush it off." I glide my hand down my face then look at them again, "I should've taken the situation into further consideration and in the end, this was the result." Sunny crawl into my lap then standing on her back legs, she reach up and lick my cheek. Bringing both hands up, I rub her head before she jumps and lay on my shoulders. "So, I don't completely blame you guys but although I forgive you guys you still won't get away with this without consequences. Therefore, for the next two weeks, no kisses, cuddling and petting except for Molly, Sunny and Velvet. You guys probably won't understand but I'll still follow through it anyways. So y'all should get along from now on." I hear multiple meows but I ignore it and get up careful not to drop Sunny. "Welp, now that's over with I need to bring y'all to the vet since y'all look like shit. Wait here." I walk to the corner of my room where I left the big cardboard box. I pick it up and turn back only to see them walk into my room, "I told you guys to stay there." but then I notice Smiley limping. Walking over to Smiley, I squat down and gently caress his floofy head, "Now who did this to you Smiley?" my head turn to look at my other cats and then I catch how Mario and Luigi averted their eyes, "So it was the two of you. Not cool." I get up and walk towards them and proceed to lightly karate chop their head and I jokingly thought of the mario lost a life sound effect.

Being careful, I pick them up two at a time and place them inside the box. The only ones who aren't in the box were the girls and Smiley. The girls are not hurt so they can stay home and for Smiley, I have another idea in mind for him. After all of them were inside, I went and put in a random hoodie backward, then I gently and carefully pick up Smiley and slip him into the hood of my hoodie. Since I don't know the extent of his injury, I thought it'll be best that he doesn't walk around too much and risking it getting worse. Smiley meows at me and I can't resist it so I quickly peck him on the forehead. "That's the last one, don't expect anything for the next two weeks." I pick up the box and soon I was out the door.

Of course not without snatching Mr. Fluff along the way and kissing my sweet girls goodbye.

"Oh (y/n) you're back." Mr. Darius curiously eyed me as he greets me, "That a first that I see you wearing a hoodie like that." Smiley peaks his head out then a look of realization appears on Mr. Darius's face, "Aah, it's for this little fella but why?" I promptly reply, "Let's just say they all.... accidentally played too roughly with each other." Mr. Darius takes a look, "Oh yeah I can tell." I put the box down and carefully I lift Blueberry out, "Can you take a look at his tail? It looks pretty bad." I place Blueberry on the table as Mr. Darius start his diagnostic and after some time he looks at me with a small smile, "It seems to be just dislocate but it'll well on its own, this little guy will just need some painkillers to get through the healing process. Although after it heals, it'll be crooked." I let out a sigh of relief, "You hear that Blueberry? You'll be fine." I boop his nose and he momentarily froze.

Next up is Smiley, "When I was gonna bring them here, I notice him limping. It seems like he can't move his left arm and right leg." Mr. Darius checked him as well, "Fortunately, it's just dislocate, I can realign it and then check with an x-ray."

Mr. Darius injected anesthetic just so it becomes numb before he relocated Smiley's limbs and then he then brought him for an x-ray scan. Soon he came out with Smiley and the results, "Everything is well. For about fourteen days he shouldn't be moving too much to allow it to heal. I will prescribe him some painkillers as well."

Soon Mr. Darius checked the others as well. It's a relief that they don't harbor any serious injury besides small scratches which Mr. Darius gave an ointment for it.

"Bolt, stop moving! I'm trying to treat you!" Shortly after coming home, I immediately proceed to clean up their wounds and apply the ointment. Bolt was the first one but he's being difficult at the moment, "For the love of god stay still Bolt!" Bolt meows and leans his head away from my hands while giving me a squint, "Why are you mad?! I'm supposed to be the one who's mad here!" Bolt only turn his head away. I took a moment to think. Perhaps... it's about that. "Don't tell me you're mad because I'm not giving any special treatment for two weeks." Bolt glance at me from the corner of his eyes. I took a deep breath with my hands in a prayer and then I pointed my hands at Bolt, "B O I." Bolt turn his head and looked at me a bit dumbfounded. I boop his nose, "Geez Bolt you're stubborn." I shake my head with a sigh along with a small smile, "Listen Bolt, right now I can't because I'm still mad but I promise you that after two weeks is up, imma give you all the cuddles and kisses you want. Alright?" Bolt meows at me. I'll just take it that he's asking for confirmation, "I promise. Now c'mere." and without complication, I smoothly treated him. Same goes for the others. Well some. There were some sneaky ones who tried to get me to pet them like for example, Godzilla kept nudging his head into my hands, Mario would lick my hands or fingers, Cotton would sometime raise his paw and catch my hand, Diablo would meow every time my hands left him, Batman stare at me. Yeah just stare. I don't know if he's playing some mind game with me. I mean I know he's a smart cat but can cat even mindfuck someone? Either way I ain't falling for their cute tactics.

Sneaky cute bastards.

Meanwhile, Mr. Fluff look kinda.....lost? Like he's just staring off into the distance. So, I tried to call out his name a few times before he snaps out of it. I don't know what's going on in his little head but I still reassure him that it's me and I needed to treat his wound. Surprisingly enough, he doesn't hiss or tried to attack me whatsoever.

By the end of it all. Almost instantly, all of them went to sleep. I too, started to feel tired and all I want to do is sleep but then I notice Braveheart hasn't sleep yet, I crouch down and booped his little pink nose, "Aren't you sleepy buddy? You should. Since you're such a loving cat I'm sure you stayed up all night yesterday. So sleep for now." I then lightly nudge him towards the others. I was about to go to my room and just take a power nap, but unfortunately for me, I soon heard police cars outside. Guess I won't be napping anytime soon.

I took a few deep breaths.

And then I was gone.