Unforseen future but a hopeful tomorrow

(y/n)'s POV:

I chill by laying down on the couch just watching a YouTube video while Braveheart sleep snuggly inside my hoodie and purring as I softly rub his head with my thumb, meanwhile Velvet was snuggling up beside my neck.

It was that way for a couple of hours before a soft knock came from the front door. Being careful not to disturb Braveheart and Velvet, I get up along with him still in there and make my way to open the door.

I open the door to reveal Jason looking rather drained.

Looks like whatever's going on today took a rough toll for him.

"You look like shit Jason." I bluntly said. He lets out a tired exhale as he walk into the apartment, "Yeah I know but it's just....my family's been up my ass all day today and I feel so fucking stressed out right now." I walk back to the couch and as I sat, I pat beside me gesturing Jason to come sit as well. Once Jason sat down with huff, I turn on the TV and we watch a random show with Bolt who's now chilling between us. "So, what's in your mind right now." I asked my eyes never leaving the screen. "*Deep breath* My family keep pestering me about what I can and can't do but it's mostly the latter. So, now I'm stressed about what my future would be like." I hum in acknowledgement.

Although I don't get pestered by my dad, I still feel intimidated by the thought of the future. Like yeah I'll be still doing my spiderwoman thing but when I'm not spiderwoman...now what? So, at this point I don't know how to respond to reassure him.

A loud knock resonated.

Jason and I looked at each other before I went to open the door. Behind the door was Mr. Darius aaand my drunk dad. "My gosh I forgot how much of a handful you are when you're drunk." Mr. Darius said as he steps in and I close the door.

My dad suddenly breaks away from Mr. Darius as he struggles to stand upright. I notice my cats are all curiously watching the event.

By the way, I've seen him getting drunk before and when he does, ohohoho he says some really weird interesting things.

My dad lift a finger like he's about to announce something, "I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT! DARIUS IS A BITCHASS MOTHERFUCKER!-"

I knew that my dad's voice end up waking Braveheart but I can't help but wheeze.

"-HE PISSED ON MY FUCKING WIFE! THAT'S RIGHT! HE PULL HIS STUPID SKINNY FUCKING DICK OUT AND HE PISSED ON MY FUCKING WIFE AND HE SAID HIS DICK WAS "THIS BIG!" AND I SAID "THAT'S DISGUSTING!"- "

At this point, Jason and I were already dying from laughter. I had to hold his shoulder for support.

"-SO I'M MAKING A CALL OUT POST ON MY TWITTER.COM, DARIUS, YOU GOT A SMALL DICK! IT'S THE SIZE OF THIS WALNUT EXCEPT WAY SMALLER! AND GUESS WHAT?! HERE'S WHAT MY DONG LOOKS LIKE!-"

Literally all of us had to stop my dad from unfastening his belt.

My dad's head, which has a plastic bag hanging by his ears, would nod from time to time but he was still very conscious. "Thanks for bringing him back safe Mr. Darius." Mr. Darius pats my head, "No problem kiddo." then he left. I sit down inbetween Jason and my dad. I look down at Braveheart apologetically, "Sorry for waking you up like that." he softly meows and his eyes started drooping again. I decided to close the TV and instead play some music on low volume. The music Sunflower plays on my phone.

There's a moment of silence as the song plays peacefully in the background.

"*Sigh* What should I do? Should I give up on my dream and start working to help my family or do I just keep going at my pace?" Jason said while massaging his temple.

"Jason, my boy, whatever they say, it's their problems, because in the end you know yourself better than anyone else. Just because they say something, it doesn't mean always mean they're right, same goes for me. And it's also normal to fear the future. Because it is unknown to us and we simply fear what we don't know, but y'know,  you can think of what you can do to become a better person or accomplish something today and the day after that. It doesn't need to be big, since there's nothing wrong with baby steps. So, I like to think that what I'm feeling right now is temporary, once the moon goes down and the sun comes up, a new hopeful tomorrow awaits me and I can't wait to see what I can do. You kids are still young, so don't be too hard on yourself."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Wow, did my dad just spew some big brain wisdom shit. Is it because he's drunk? Wait, since when was he wearing my sunglasses again.

"That's.... some pretty good advice  honestly." Jason said with slight shock on his face. "Thanks Mr. Parker, that helped me workout my thoughts." I nudge my dad, "Same. By the way I didn't know you were so wise.~........Dad?"

We both look at our dad as he sits motionless.

"Is he asleep?"

"Nah, I think he's dead."