I know

(y/n)'s POV:

My mouth open to give him my reaction.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I know."

"I understand if you're....." my dad pause for a moment to look at me in disbelief, "...What?" I look at him with a small smile, "Yeah, I know." My dad was baffled, "Since when? Aren't you upset?" I take a short deep breath and look at my intertwined hands, "For as long as I can remember. It was  around back when I was still in elementary. There would be some kids who'd make remarks how I look nothing like you and mom."

"Hey (y/n) are you an orphan before?" I look at my classmate in confusion, "What do you mean orphan? I've always been with my mom and dad so there's no way." My classmate then points at me, "But you don't look alike at all." I can only blink at the information.

"I'd always brush it off because I was convinced that I'm your biological daughter and they were talking nonsense. But at one point, it just clicked. That kid over there bear some similarities with both of his parents and that was when reality came crashing in. I look nothing like the both of you." I look at my dad, "So, yeah. When first discovered it, I was really, REALLY upset." I then chuckle, "That was why you guys had a hard time dealing with me for a full year." My expression turns slightly melancholic as I look slightly down, "But it's just.....I can't accept it. I can't bear the thought that I was left behind by the same person who gave life to me. I can't accept that you and mom aren't my real parents. Heck, I even hated you guys for "lying" to me at one point....but I mostly ended up resenting myself. "What have I done to deserve being left behind?" or "Why did they left me?" I would think over and over again." Then a fond smile replace the solemn one, "I eventually came to accept it and it was all thanks to Jason."

"Geez, what's up with the long face (y/n)?" Jason said as he walks up to me with his dog Buddy. I sat down by the sidewalk with my head buried in my knees, "You won't understand." I said in irritation. Jason sigh, "This again? How many times are you gonna tell me I won't understand. Of course I won't understand if you don't tell me anything!" I glare at him, "Then how would you feel if you knew you're adopted?!" Jason's eyes widen and then there's silence. After what seems like forever, I saw Jason's leg appear infront of me, then suddenly I feel pain on top of my head. I reflexively hold it to sooth the pain, "OW! What was that for?!" Jason looks at me with narrow eyes, "You're an idiot." his comment took me by surprise. Jason calls for his dog and Buddy bounce his way to the both of them. Jason with some difficulty picks up Buddy and brings him close to my face, "(Y/n), meet Buddy! And just like you he's adopted as well!" I scoff with a pout, "He's a dog." I then felt another pain on top of my head, "That hurts!" I then see Jason squatting down infront me, "Can't you see you're both similar?!" Confusion struck me, "Huh?" Jason sigh as he proceed to pull Buddy close and mush their cheek together, "Buddy may be a dog but just like you he's adopted. Why? Because my family loves him! And we don't care if he's a dog or a human or even an alien. Because no matter the shape or form we still love him as family." Jason then scratch the back of his head, "Well, it sucks for you that your real parents left you." I look down in sadness. "But you know what?! Screw them! They can burn in hell for all I care!" Jason stands back up and then points at me, "Doesn't matter if you're from a different cloth! Because it's the bond that matters! At least that's what my uncle said..."

Suddenly, it felt like my whole world just became brighter and I thought for a moment it was weird that I can see Jason more clearly. Tears slid down my face and I started crying. Jason and Buddy panics.

I chuckle, "That's why you saw me coming home that day crying and apologizing." I then sigh as I look at the ceiling, "Thanks to Jason, I see the world and myself in a different perspective. There was this one thing that I discovered in high school that fits it perfectly what he said to me. That "The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb" as the saying goes." I look back at my dad, who was listening intently the whole time, "So, I don't care if you're not my real dad. Because to me, you ARE my real dad." I grin widely at him.

Soon I see him choke up a sob, "I was so, so afraid, that once you knew of the truth....you'll leave me......I wanted to tell you for a very long time but I hesitate.... because I was so scare. *sniff*" I went over to him and give him a back hug, "C'mon dad, you're gonna make me cry too."

My dad would cry for some time until he eventually calms down. I let go of him and sit beside him. "Why didn't you tell me if you knew all this time?" my dad asked. "I just thought that I'd be awkward. Like imagine I come up to the both of you and say, "Hey mom, dad! I know I'm adopted!" so, yeah. And-well I don't know if it'll make sense but besides the awkwardness, I also didn't want to take away your opportunity to have this conversation with me." I look at him with a grin, "So, I'm proud of you dad. For having the courage to talk to me about it." My dad brings me in for a loving side hug, "Thank you sweetiepie."
.
.
"By the way dad."

"Hm?"

"Where did you and mom found me?"

My dad goes quiet, ".......We found you in a dumpster."

Then I had a sudden flashback.

"(Y/n) you trash!" Jason said as the both of us were playing super smash bros. "No I'm not!" I exclaimed.

.....Damn him, he's right.

I then hear my dad continuing his story, "The night was young. Me and your mother had a blast that night and we were on our way home. Since our walk home was a long one, we decided to take a shortcut and as we passed by the dumpsters, all of a sudden, we heard a cry or to be specific, a baby's cry. So, as your mother holds my coat for me, I, on the other hand, dove into the dumpster and soon emerge with a beautiful baby girl. In that moment, it was love at first sight for me and your mother. We decided to keep you and later on named you (y/n). The rest is history."

So, I was left in a dumpster. But... I'm so glad....that they're the one who founded me.

I've decided.

"I also have something to tell you or rather show you." I look at my cats apologetically as I get up to fetch something from my room.

Soon, I came back with the portrait in hand and gave it to my dad. He gaze at it as he runs his fingers on its surface before he weakly chuckle, "So this where you've been." I nervously stare at my dad as he set aside the portrait, "I knew the moment I set foot into the apartment that day. I noticed something was gone and then I see all these little guys with you. So, I thought, maybe they had something to do with it." I apologize to him, "I'm sorry about the portrait. I didn't expect them to end up playing too roughly. Please dad, don't throw them out. I'll take whatever punishment." My dad then laugh, "You don't need to apologize. In fact, I'd like to thank them for it." My confusion must've been visible since he laugh some more, "I've wanted to throw it out for a long time." I exclaim incredulously, "Isn't it important to you?!" My dad close his eyes, "It was. She'll always be in my heart. I can't never forget her but....I know that her portrait is preventing me from moving on." His eyes reopen, "Because I know it's the last thing that's linked to her. So, I kept delaying it day after day. But seeing it teared. I felt.... relief. Like....she can finally rest now, you know?" He the pets Bolt, who happens to be close by and address to my cats, "So, I thank all of you. For helping me moving on from my wife's death." He then grin widely.

I felt tear welling up my eyes but I held it back.

I feel so blessed.

3rd person POV:

The gang were shocked to learn of her origins and that her dad thank them instead for ruining a portrait.

It was strange that the bad things they do actually ended up being good.

Takemichi got some mad tears going on.

"Who in the right mind would leave their child in a dumpster..." Draken muttered through gritted teeth. At least he was left at a brothel for others to take care of him but her, she was basically left to rot. If he ever finds them, he will beat the shit out of them.

The girls shed some tears after hearing their stories. Emma in particular was more emotional about it. Afterall, she understand that feeling all too well.

Kakuchou and Izana's eyes were wide open. Kakuchou glance at Izana to see him with an indescribable expression, "It's the bond that matters..." Kakuchou heard him say.

Izana is slowly starting to understand why she says the things that she says. She just simply don't care about blood. Hearing her story really made Izana think of his own with Shinichiro, Emma and.....Mikey.

Maybe, he can learn some things from her.