Chapter Seventeen: The Dinner Guest

"You look rather handsome" you smile at Steve as you drape your hands around his neck, his dark shirt and combed hair making him look even more dreamy than ever, if that were possible. 

"You look ravishing also my darling" he kisses you gently "are you ready?" 

"I'm a little nervous actually. . ." You bite your nail, Steve taking your hand away from your mouth you look at him with worried eyes. 

"You've got nothing to worry about, you're still the same incredibly wonderful person you always have been, and Noa will see that. Maybe she's just as fucked up. . ." he says gently. 

"Would be nice . . ." you smile, almost missing Ann though you'd felt very much like she'd not really gone. "Did you give her some clothes to change into?" 

"Yeah she's got something to change into" he held out his hand to you as you walk forward "you're not wearing any shoes?" 

"Heals don't go with my fake leg" 

"You look beautiful" You blush as you walk towards the cells, a flash back to when you'd found yourself in one all those years ago, turns out, was the best thing to ever happen to you. 

"Well hello" Noa smiles, waiting for permission to walk forward, you give her a warm smile but notice her slightly 'good girl' flirt aimed towards Steve. You also noticed her looking at your leg, taking it in, a little surprised before looking back at your husband. 

"Hi Noa" you take her attention back "come, you look lovely" you say and she thanks you quietly as Steve makes sure her arms are chained together before walking her over to the dinner table, she was wearing a plain black outfit. 

"I see we've made it to the dinner table" Noa smiles at Steve, you give him a look. 

"Yes we have. . ." he says as he locks her cuffs "Y/N set up tonight, she really wants you to have a lovely time. . ." 

"Thank you" Noa gives you a warm beam of a smile "you've always been a very good friend to me." 

"Noa I want you to know. . ." Steve sits head of the table, you stay standing pouring the wine "I - I know its a lot but, the fact you're here" you weren't sure what to say. 

"I know" she says softly before drinking her wine in one go. 

"Well" Steve laughs "going to be an interesting night" 

"Yes, yes it is" Noa laughs to smiling and thanking you as you top her wine up again. 

"Lets get drunk" You smile back as you all cheers. You take a sip before heading into the kitchen to get the starter, something you and Steve had made together this morning. 

"You know I was thinking, about what you said to me at work that time, about growing up alone. . ." you say softly "and I realised nobody has every really cooked for you and that made me really sad. . . " you pause as Noa look at your face, genuine sadness on it "everyone should have someone cook for them at least once." 

"Paté" Steve takes one, Noa noticing his squeeze of your leg in affection, she was astonished how devoted he looked towards you, how normal you both seemed, how. . . in love. It was noticeable, like an advert for domestic bliss. 

"Liver?" Noa guesses, looking at hers. 

"In garlic and rosemary" You add and wait as you watch Noa take a bite, you look at Steve who gives you and 'I told you so' look and then back at Noa as she hmmms.

"Hmmm" Steve agrees. 

"You can defiantly taste the garlic" Noa adds, you weren't sure you trusted her fully but you were beginning to get hopeful. "Woah"