Chapter Four: Leave To Simmer

1 WEEK LATER 

. . . .  ANN's POV. . . .

"Ann. . ." there was a stern greeting at the door but she ignored it and carried on singing. Dancing around as far as her chain would let her. 

"Unusual. They say strange fascination, infatuation

A lunatic. Call me what suits your taste, I just wanna taste

And I've always heard it's what's inside that counts"

Steve sits on the chair opposite watching, as Ann dances around on the make shift bed like something out of a theatre performance. 

"Cause my insides are red, and yours are too. And the red on my face, is matching you

And goodness you're bleeding, what a wonderful feeling

You're down and you're pleading, my head is just reeling"

The Red means I love you. Tasting your blood means I love you

The Red means I love you, the Red means I love you. 

"Ann. . . " He repats again but Ann carries on singing.

"Unfortunate. They say such a shame, I turned out this way

A maniac. Well, yeah I get manic when I cause a panic

And of course I'm excited when I see you around"

Ann's singing was interrupted by the loud thudding smash of the radio against the wall. 

"Temper temper." Ann stares at the floor and looks up at an unamused, unhinged looking Steve. 

"Why won't Y/N talk to me?" Steve runs his hands though his hair pacing. 

"Because you're a lunatic maybe?" 

"She talks to you . . " He frowns, staring at Ann with respect but contempt. She was good at what she did, he'd give her that. 

"Yes well I saved her from her abusive parents, I didn't trick her into falling in love with me then chain her up in a basement did I? Bit boring in here, you need some art." 

"How would you have done it?" He says sarcastically. 

"What the decor or Y/N." Steve's jaw twitches and Ann smirks "Well I wouldn't have been dumb enough to fall in love with a victim sweetie." 

"In love?" Steve shakes his head, an un convincing scoff. 

"Oh give over. . . you're like a love sick puppy. . ." Ann chortles "Its the only reason either of us are still alive or in one piece should I say." 

"What can I do. . ." He asks genuinely staring at the wall behind Ann's head. 

"Fucked if I know, I'm not exactly a people person" Ann shrugs "but you could just try being nice, soft, remind her why she fell in love with you in the first place... you know before the kidnapping and the threats of turning her into a very expensive meatball."