Prologue

The sticky patter of Ann's feet on the plastic echos though the room as she takes gentle, casual steps across the room, the large cold, dripping knife in her hand, toward the skink. There's been a lot of blood this time, maybe she'd been a little too stab happy. She was usually so careful. Oh well, he had it coming. Ann begins to hmmm as sway as she begins her clean up routine, playing music as she  packs away her things and starts to take down the plastic sheeting, spattered with a deep red that only blood can produce. 

"I've stashed the memories to ease the pain
You've been dear to me
That's why it's hard to walk away (Walk away)
Remember when it was simple then? (Simple then)
I'm not really sure these days"

The speaker playing the song stops and a call comes though, disconnecting it Ann frowns "Who the. .  ." Her's blissfully accurate routine is interrupted "Hello?" She answered with caution but confidence and slight annoyance as she swiped to answer at the withheld number. The voice down the phone was cool and crisp, the request simple, the money intriguing. 

"Thats a little disturbing but we move. . . " Ann hummed "how did you get this number? Oh, ok I see, leave me in suspense." She mocked with a dramatic sigh, switching the phone to the other ear as she continued to listen "I'd better check with Kevin." Ann turns around, treading playfully back to the sofa, sitting down putting her hand over the back of it, her fingers twirling her dead dates hair. She tilts her head as she looks at the paling body before puckering her lips a little like she was about to start flirting by asking a naughty question. "Kevin, the nice lady on the phone wants to sell you meat. She said although it's a darn shame you're not a woman because thats a much bigger market, but there's plenty that would love you and you do look rather tasty. So, what do you say?" Ann pauses for a moment before talking down the phone again. "Kevin said sounds lovely but would prefer not to be turned into sausage's because it's tacky" Ann beams down the phone at her own joke. "Great well, I don't have much in the way of a freezer so at the moment so. . .  up front. . . excellent. . . alright deal. . . no, I can't right now, I have a promise to keep with a friend and a date tonight sooooo. . .  excellent can't wait to hear from you!" Ann puts the phone done "crazy fucking bitch . . ." she scoffs "can you believe that? Cannibals? Like ok, thats just odd. .  ." Ann wafts her arms about in front of her latest victim, the shock still etched on his face.  "Come on then Kevin, let's get you on some ice, you lucky bastard" and with that Ann carefully begins to clean her victim, going back to humming the rest of the song.