THIRTY-FIVE (Iselen POV)

Start from the beginning

"Iselen is right: Mother Nature does things at her own pace and you know that," Ivy smiles my girl sighs wearily before nodding. "It makes sense that we will defeat her in our dreams but the bitch is more powerful in that environment, her voice is hard to resist... Are we going take some sleeping pills and kick her ass together? How are we going to wake up if something goes wrong? I don't even know if we can stay together in the same dream..."

"Yes, you can," Yalitza confirms sitting on a stool next to the bar counter, listening us attentively. "It's similar to astral projection but in the world of dreams, I know a spell and can teach you how to cast it, but drugs are a bad idea. You should be able to wake up immediately if the bitch does something dangerous."

"It won't work," Ruby shakes her head leaning back on the couch, lost in her thought. She's still the most beautiful woman in this city and her eyes are still gorgeous even with dark circles under them. I remember the fear I felt when the hunter woke me up and she was twisting in bed next to me, I thought the succubus was attacking her and I was going to lose my girlfriend. I couldn't bear it if I can never see those shiny eyes and smile again. "She won't dare to fight us at the same time."

"What do you suggest, then?" Aletta puts her cup on the table to point at her. "You'll fall asleep and will fight the bitch in your dreams alone while we all look at you, ready to wake you up if things get ugly? Is that what you want? I don't think it's a good idea."

"It is... but I'll be with her," I answer while the entire coven stares at me bewildered.

"Iselen..." Ruby complains but I raise my hand to cut her off.

"Abra... that bitch is obsessed with you, she hates you because you're powerful and respected, you're everything she'd love to be... only she's not willing to work hard like you to achieve success. If she thinks you're weak because you've spent too much energy these past days and you fall asleep in a little protected place, she'll go after you, no doubt. But my hunter is the weapon that can fight her, as grandma said, because he can fell her, we'll know she's getting closer and you'll be able to get mentally ready before she's in front of you, she won't catch us off guard. In addition to this, the hunter can feel the intensity of magical energy around her and I'll know if she's gathering power to cast a spell minutes before the attack..."

"Are you a magical voltmeter?" Lester asks amused.

"I think so. Besides, even if our sisters won't be sharing our dream, they'll be around us physically and will connect their energies to you so we'll be fighting together all the same... But the succubus won't know it."

"That makes sense," Ruby admits reluctantly and angrily. "Although I don't like to see you exposed to any danger... Okay, we should think about this and draw up a plan calmly. We can't do it in our apartment, she caught me vulnerable in our bedroom once and I'm going to strengthen the protection spells, obviously, so she won't believe I lowered my guard again... The tattoo studio is a better option, it's less protected because it's not a place where we take naps usually but she won't think it's weird if I fall asleep there, above all if I'm tired. And talking about being tired..."

"Yes, please, let's go back home," Savannah moans closing her eyes. "We'll talk about this later in the evening while having dinner if you want but now, I need to lie down, please."

"Yes, let's go home and rest a little. We need to think about this with a clearer mind," Ruby gets up slowly and zips up the coat covering the pyjamas she's still wearing. I decide to copy her movements and realize my muscles are sore while she talks to Yalitza and promises that she'll kept her informed and will ask for help if we need her. Lester walks out of the pub holding Kanti's arm, who's leaning her body against him trustingly, and we all follow them stopping on the sidewalk.