Fifty Nine

Demi bit into her banana as she watch Onyx pace around

"The new people still might not be a great fit, honey."

He grumbled, "They're starting shit with our members. I don't like that."

Demi hummed in agreement, "Roman says he doesn't like having Delilah near them. They're not accepted yet, just send them on their way."

A group of Warlocks and Wolves passed by last night, bloody and beaten. They were seeking at the very least temporary shelter, if not acceptance into the pack. But however this morning after being healed by Demi, they began to give packmembers an uncomfortable feeling.

Delilah described leering, lingering gazes on all the women. Brash comments, about how they were better men.

Onyx had hit one of them, immediately locking him up for getting too close to Delilah.

The rest were currently in holding as well.

"I don't like creeps, they're creepy," Demi shivered. Onyx deadpanned at her but ultimately agreed.

"It's not a matter of if they stay. They're fucking gone, it's a matter of letting them live. We've been getting random rogue attacks already, nothing we can't handle. But I don't want to add these people onto the list when we piss them off."

Demi nodded in thought, munching quietly. "Do you not want to kill them because you don't want to murder a bunch of people or because of something else?"

Demi knew it wasn't the first option.

Onyx finally sat down next to her on the couch, yanking her legs into his lap.

"I don't..." Onyx trailed off. He lowered his voice as he rubbed over her calf, "I don't always like living up to the whole Onyx Wolf reputation. I don't want people to be scared to come to the pack for asylum. But these fucking assholes are testing my god damn nerve, the word gets out and everyone's petrified again."

Demi hummed as she scooted closer, pressed her chest to his shoulder. She ran her fingers through his hair soothingly.

"That makes sense," she rubbed his chest. "I don't think it's a bad thing to play into the rumors. I know I only want packmembers that have respect for you. If they don't know what they're signing up for, then it's not fun for anyone."

Demi kissed his shoulder, "But I can kill them for you if you want."

Onyx huffed quietly, "No. Not while we're trying for pups, you stay out of it."