Twenty Four

Finally, it was time to raid Lake Geneva

Finally, it was time to raid Lake Geneva. It's been a week since the meeting with the Vampires.

"Demi you can not wear a dress."

Demi was ready to rip her head out. Onyx was unbearably tense because she would be on the mission with them.

He'd been snapping at her since yesterday, and overbearing in the smallest things she did.

And Demi could wear a dress wherever she wanted, damn it! She had made it a ritual to wear something nice for the people she killed.

She was perfectly efficient in them, even more so than in pants! Pants never fit her right and it made her so uncomfortable!

"I will cry right now." She pointed a finger at him as she threatened.

Onyx's eyes widened in surprise, he then glowered down at his mate.

His Beast was prowling in his mind, his nostrils flared at the idea of his mate in danger. His heart was beating fast in anxiety, and it was pissing him off.

"No crying," he growled lowly.

"No telling me what to do!"

Her foot stomped as she stood in one of his t-shirts.

"Stop being a brat, do as I say Demi." His Alpha voice threaded into words and Demi gaped. She was unaffected but began hitting him with the dress she held in her hands.

"Don't. Use. Your. Stupid. Voice. On me!"

Onyx swatted her hands and they both wrestled for a moment.

He snatched the dress away and held it up to her body, "This barely covers anything! What happens when your clothes offer no protection, you'll get fuckin' hurt!"

Demi screeched in annoyance, tugging at the ends of her hair. She began shoving him, right out of her room.

"Go away!"

Onyx snarled but didn't stop her, even if the only thing that soothed him at the moment was her in his line of sight.

He knew he was being difficult and allowed her to shut the door loudly.

"That was kind of funny," a feminine voice sounded. He saw Lacey leaning against a doorway watching.

He sneered and turned to walk away.

"You seem agitated," the hell hound fell into step with him.

"If it makes you feel better, their mother taught them to be able to fight in whatever they wore. Elora's been fighting all of her life in a dress. And I've seen her throw down before... Actually I don't think I've ever seen her wear pants."

Onyx didn't respond.

"The point is, pants are like... a bad omen to them. Keko has a different style and I'm lucky I don't have to worry about her flashing anyone. Unfortunately for you and Demetri," she shrugged. "You're not so lucky."