Seventeen

Demi squealed as she chased Kekoa around

"Keko!" She stumbled, they were both fast. Demi easily hopped over the chair thrown in her way. Kekoa threw up a shield and Demi used her magic to run straight through it.

They had house rules that Demi couldn't teleport to catch her siblings.

Kekoa crawled under a table, Demi followed and almost snagged her ankle.

"Keko you better not!"

"Cash has a big mouth Demi!" She taunted.

"What Onyx and I were doing isnt anyones business!"

"I'm sure dad and the boys would disagree!" Kekoa cackled.

"Then I'll just have to spill about you and Lacey in the hot tub!" Kekoa halted abruptly. This made Demi slow down as Kekoa turned toward her little sister.

"You little bitch! You wouldn't!"

Demi screamed in fright as Kekoa began chasing her.

She hated being chased!

Demi ran for her life through the house, going back the same way she came.

An arm reached out and snagged Demi around her waist. She could sense it was Onyx as she basically folded in half over his arm due to her speed.

"Oof!" Demi went limp over his arm as she coughed from the impact.

Kekoa was still trying to reach her and Onyx yanked her farther away.

"What the hell are you doing?" he grunted in annoyance.

Both of the girls yelled over one another, Onyx pinched the bridge of his nose. He couldn't deal with this before a meeting with Demetri.

He simply dragged Demi away towards the office.

Demi was quiet as she was tugged up, she began to float.

Onyx who was alarmed by the sudden lack of weight, looked down at her.

Demi slowly placed herself onto her feet, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"Kekoa started it," she leaned into him.

"I'm sure she did," he said indifferently.

Demi wrapped her arm around his neck, tugging him down slowly. He held his breath before she kissed him, Onyx accepted the kiss gently.

"Missed you," she mumbled against him.

And as much as he wanted to poke fun at the fact that it hadn't been more than a day since they'd seen each other, he missed her too.

He'd left after Cassius ruined things, and now it was well into the day and they hadn't seen each other once.

New mates were rarely apart for more than an hour, honestly he was surprised they were sane with how much time they spent apart the past week. They both should have gone insane by now.