Thirty

Onyx stood at the car as Demi approached him

Onyx stood at the car as Demi approached him. It was barely dawn and his pack was leaving to Clovis, to scout it out.

The twins packed up some things, Sylvester and Georgie spoke to him about when they would arrive.

Onyx nodded even though he stopped listening once Demi came into view. His two friends scoffed but greeted Demi with genuine smiles.

She smiled at the two before glancing back at her mate. She was swimming in one of his t-shirts, insisting on seeing him off even if she very obviously was tired.

He winced as he saw her bare feet in the grass, she'd have to change her bandages.

"You're going to get an infection," he grumbled.

She looked down at the grass, rolling her eyes before coming up very close to him. Onyx furrowed a brow before Demi stepped onto his boots.

She giggled tiredly as he held her up.

"Why don't you ever wear clothes, hm?"

Demi ignored his question as she ran her hands up his arms. "You have everything you need?"

He nodded down at her. Georgie slapped his back, "We'll take care of bossman for you!"

Demi nodded gratefully. "Thank you. You promise to be safe?"

Onyx nodded once again before he suddenly let out a choked sound.

Demi had a tight grip on his balls.

"If you don't come back in one piece, we will have words, mate."

Onyx grit his teeth in pain while nodding once, he heard Sylvester laughing in the background.

Demi released him and he took a breath of relief. She tugged him down for a kiss, he scoffed against her lips before kissing her back.

She pulled away but Onyx swooped down to for another.

"Okay, love birds," Quincey shut the trunk.

The Alpha didn't acknowledge the comment, patting her thigh gently.

"You promise you'll be careful?"

"I promise," he husked. "I'll be back in a couple days."

She swallowed hard with a sigh, stepping down from his feet.

"Go back inside," he pat her butt gently. She bobbed her head side to side with an annoyed look on her face. She wished good luck to each of his friends, within the next second, she was gone in a flash.

Behind him, Bear made whip sound. Onyx swiped at the Beta in irritation.

"Let's roll out."

~

Demi shuffled towards the living room. Her mom mentioned being there by noon to discuss whatever it was.

When she walked in she saw Keko, Lacey, and her mom looking over a map.

"What're we doin'?" She leaned over the back of the couch.

Her mom beckoned her over to sit.

"We're setting up safe havens for magic users. We're picking locations now, I have one set up for emergencies now. I would have them closer to us, but not a lot of them trust Lycans. No matter how much your father has done for the community with me," her mom sighed.

Demi frowned and rubbed her back in comfort. "I was hoping you and your sister would come with me when I start going to speak at them. We need to make sure they're aware of the signs to being tracked. And who to avoid."

"Of course I will. Have we looked at the highest traffic areas to set up base. I know a lot of Warlock merchants go through the valley to travel."

"Good idea, honey. You know I think you'd be really good to talk to everyone. You and Kekoa."

Demi looked around as if she was speaking about someone else.

"Me?"

Her mother smiled sillily, "Of course you, my beautiful girl. I'm with the Council, and as boring as it is it definitely doesn't help with street cred. I missed the days I could do what I wanted. But you know, greater good and what not. Law and order, equality, all that jazz."

Kekoa snickered next to Lacey, "Yes you embody all of that mom."

"I know," she brushed her white hair over her shoulder cockily.

"You girls would be more trustworthy. I have the older Witches trust, the adults. The young adult population not so much. With everything going on the past years I haven't been showing my face as much and showing up. Of course, if they don't see me that means I did absolutely nothing to help them." She droned on sarcastically while fisting her paper in irritation.

"It's okay, Mama El. Showing up for this will do some good. Demi and Keko be good help!"

Elora grinned gratefully while Demi took the cap off a pen. She marked important areas she was seeing.

"I want you and Onyx there with us, Lacey. If we show you happy with your mates and protected, they might associate that with our havens."

Lacey nodded and the three women glanced at Demi.

"These spots."

Demi tossed the writing utensil down and watched their reaction. All of them looked pleased with the placements.

"Here we have places that are significant to Magic culture, they'll draw strength from that. Over there it's a good terrain, they'll be able to thrive off the land and be self sufficient." Demi gestured to different groups of camps she picks.

"Oh, my little genius!" Elora kissed her daughters cheek.

Demi smiled as her cheeks were pinched playfully. She wiggled to get away but her mom was strong.

The younger Witch was finally released when her mom was called by their father. Now Demi was left to her sister and sister in law.

"So, you and Onyx are good now?"

Demi glanced at Keko as she scooted closer. "Yeah, he's done enough groveling for now."

Lacey patted her back, "You think he'll do something like that again?"

Demi worried her lip in thought. "I think, he'll get overwhelmed again. But that's just how life goes. He's not used to caring about someone so much... I get that. But I don't him if it gets to the extent that it was that I'd leave him."

Keko's eyes widened, "Good for you! He can't do that shit just for fun, he put you both through even more pain."

She only nodded in thought, back to what he had said.

"I wish you could've seen him when he showed up. He looked close to tears, Mimi."

It made Demi feel a little better, knowing she cried a lot. She hummed, Onyx cried too that night.

Demi couldn't stay mad at him.

Kekoa hummed as she got an idea. "We should throw a party! It's October! We could have a Halloween party like the humans traditional one! We can wait for Onyx to get to get back, we'll have it at Lacey and I'd cabin."

Demi furrowed her brow in through. Celebrate the same holiday as the people trying to kill them? While also trying to stop them?

"Stop thinking about it so hard, it'd just be for fun. You've never turned down a party!" Lacey emphasized.

"Hmm... you are right."

Kekoa and Lacey both cheered, glad to make their little sister happy.

~~
boring chapter!! moving onto the nexxxt exciting one lolol