Twenty Nine

Onyx groaned as sunlight woke him up

Demi laid on his chest, snoring softly.

It'd been a couple days since they came back from Lake Geneva, they had a meeting to recollect and review what each group had found. He knew Knox and Ezra came across some information.

He barely wanted to go.

He just wanted to stay and be wrapped around Demi. He knew it was because they'd been attached at the hip while she healed, a reminder of these Humans were just more stress.

A reminder of his fuck up, more like.

He lifted Demi's shirt, checking her wounds. Her skin was healed over completely, the lightning scars were now a lighter pigment against her skin instead of an irritated red.

Her feet were another story, still wrapped in clean bandages. Her mother says she can walk, but in short increments.

Demi furrowed her brow, a frown tugging at her lips. He glanced up at her, wary of her waking up.

Demi groaned lowly, clutching her stomach as she turned her back to him. Onyx slipped his hand under her own, rubbing the area gently.

Her eyes opened slowly. Onyx knew this could mean nothing good, Demi never woke up this early.

She sat up abruptly, beginning to roll to the bathroom.

Onyx barely had enough time to catch her from falling off the bed.

He lurched and gripped her waist, cradling her as he grunted.

"Need the bathroom," she had a sour look on her face.

"You feel okay?"

"Mhm, just have cramps."

He rose a brow, cramps... he tried to rack his brain. Why did he feel like that meant something else?

Demi could feel his confusion as he helped her up.

"I'm getting my period," she explained to him. His eyes widened in understanding. He'd never had to deal with anyone on their period, he didn't know how to help her.

"What can I do to make you feel better?"

She smiled and kissed the corner of his mouth. "Need to go to the bathroom, then I'll be back."

Onyx nodded slowly, she held his hand until she was too far away and their hands dropped. Onyx sat in his boxers as he tried to think of how to help.

Gods, he wished he could be normal for just a second.

He quickly gripped his phone, searching up how to help a person on their cycle.

Demi walked back out, wearing a nighttime pad until she decided to get dressed for
later. She was glad she caught it before she bled through her shorts.