Forty Six

Demi brushed Onyx's growing hair behind his ears

He was sat next to her as he looked over the coordinates they'd gotten of the scientists land.

He had been mapping out and marking their best route of attack.

"You're gorgeous," Demi tilted her head as she sat in his lap. Staring at the side of his face.

Onyx spluttered abruptly, looking at her with wide eyes.

Demi bit her lip as she smirked at his embarrassment. "What? What's the matter, gorgeous?"

"S-Stop that."

"No." She toyed with the collar of his shirt, her doe eyes batting up at him.

"You... you say all of these naughty things but gods forbid I call you pretty sometimes."

"You like all the naughty things I say."

"And you like it when I call you gorgeous, I can see it in your eyes," she pushed her forehead against his own, nose to nose as she stared deeply into his gaze.

Onyx barked a laugh, pushing her away to look back at his map.

"Princess, you could call me all the names under the sun and I'd still swoon over you."

Demi squealed quietly, wrapping her arms around his shoulder and stuffing her face in his shoulder.

He hummed and rubbed his hand over her back, he craned his head to look at her. "You wanna' give me another set of eyes for this?"

Demi peaked over to look at the land, "My set of eyes are crazy."

"All the better."

The two spent the next few hours looking and bouncing around ambush strategies

"What do you want to do when we're all done with this?" Demi looked up at her mate.

Onyx glanced down and kissed her cheek, "Wanna get our land. Been talking to your dad about where to settle. We can have your wedding there, then we're trying for pups."

Demi smiled, "Yeah?"

Onyx licked his lips while staring down at her, nodding slowly. "Sound good to you?"

"Sounds good to me, oh my gosh we can decorate our own house!"

Onyx chuckled and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. Just as he was about to respond his eyes glazed over while Quincey mind linked him.

He suddenly winced.

Demi narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"Okay-" he started as he looked at her sheepishly. She crossed her arms and leaned against the desk they sat at, looking unamused.

"The wolves from my old pack are coming to help with the attack."

Demi frowned and groaned loudly. "What the hell, they freaking suck Onyx!"