Twenty Five

hint for the chapter ^^ and shout out to my fave super hero lolol

Demi hopped out of the truck as she glanced around.

She heard a deep sound coming from further in the forest. It blared in her brain, hm there was a witch near by.

Demi couldn't stop her feet from stumbling towards it, something about it was off.

A hand caught her hip sternly, "Demi." Her mate grunted in displeasure.

"You're already wandering, pipsqueak." Cash chuckled as he trailed up to them.

Bear followed, "Why do they call you pipsqueak?"

Demi hummed as Onyx was trying to pull her skirt down to cover more.

"Cause 'm small. During puberty when I was supposed to grow- my magic developed and sucked up all my energy. My body was stressed and I didn't grow much. Same thing happened to my mom, that's why we're the smallest in the bunch."

Bear nodded at the information while looking to Onyx for instruction.

Onyx looked at Demi, she was staring into the distance.

"You hear something?"

Demi nodded swiftly, pointing towards where the sound was coming from.

"We follow her, Demi stick by me. Don't stray."

Demi was tempted to roll her eyes at her mate, but aware of his poor mood she did not. She's been on plenty of assignments on her own.

"While we walk keep an eye out for anything," he gruffed while keeping his eyes on Demi who followed the sounds only she heard.

Onyx trailed behind her closely.

They'd been walking for fifteen minutes now, they followed her as she twist and turned on an imaginary path.

"What's it sound like?" He suddenly asked.

Demi did a double take at the question, no one had ever asked her that.

"It sounds angry, sad... similar to yours actually."

Onyx frowned at the observation, "But this one is different. It's not a song, it's just a sound. The entire premise of magic is that it's alive, they have different melodie's. This is a single tone on repeat."