The Night-Night Gun

Katya POV

We get to HQ a few minutes late due to some early morning traffic. We walk through the doors and meet up with Mike and his assistant Olive.

"How far along are you all?" Mike asks. "Extraction is Monday."

"Tomorrow we are executing sir, are we to bring Sophia in?" Alex questions

"No. You shall leave Sophia alone. The photos of her diary entries imply she was forced to cooperate. Bring her in but Sophia only goes to questioning. She cannot see you Katya, you could unravel everything."

"Of course sir." I reply as we continue speedwalking throughout the halls of HQ

"Bring Sophia to the Set, she needs to think we are only officers of the law, not a spy agency."

"Yes sir." We reply as we separate, each going to our respective areas.

Alex and I head to armoury as Mei goes to the Lab. Luca heads off to create more smoke bombs, and Oli stays with Mike.

He doesn't quite know his way around the base. He's only been here twice so Mike is leading him to the Racetrack so he can practice his evasive maneuvers on the road.

We open the door to reveal the armoury. I walk into the girls change room while Alex goes through the boys. I open my duffle bag, take my pistol out and I strip off all my unnecessary clothes.

I put on a bulletproof vest and glasses before grabbing my pistol and walking out into the shooting room.

Alex is already at one of the stations firing, I load up and fire my bullets at the target, hitting in the non-lethal spots. We aren't allowed to kill, apparently.

About 15 minutes in, Meis friend Carter walks in the room flashing the ceasefire light as he does it.

I click the safety back on and take my glasses off to meet him. Alex walks up behind me and greets him.

"Hey Carter, whatchu got for us?"

"Mei told me you cant harm them so we finished a project we've been working on for a bit. Don't worry she didn't say anything, I know it's all classified." He responds.

"What is it?" I ask, pointing towards the pistol looking thing in his hand.

"Oh, right. It's a night-night gun. We really need a better name." He says sheepishly.

"It's alright. For now. How's it work?" Alex asks.

"I-it's like a normal pistol, except it doesn't actually hurt your v-victims. Just makes them fall asleep." He explains.

"So... a tranq gun." Alex implies.

"Y-yes but tranq implies animals so.. yeah."