Glass slipper

I was on respite.

I did not understand it myself, but rumplestiltskin came to me and relieved me of my duty for a whole month!

No explanation, no deal, no magic training, just 4 weeks of doing whatever I liked.

And with my bracelet the possibility were endless.

My magic lessons were coming along, I still couldn't portal travel that well but I was starting to grasp water manipulation.

As of right now I was looking through the market place, mainly searching for little nic naks of anything that would catch my attention.

I had just brought some pretty pearls and was putting them in my pouch when I bumped into some one.

The pair of us both tumble to the floor our purchases falling around us.

"I'm so sorry."

Looking up from the dirt I come face to face with a pair of blue eyes, they belonged to a young woman.

This woman was quite pretty with light blond hair that was held up with a cloth, her dress had odds bits of fabric that cleary had been used to cover any holes.

"Oh no!"

The woman looked at her belongings that had fallen out of there boxes and were gathering dust.

"Here let me help."

The girl looks at me gratefully and we hurry to put all the items back in there boxes before they could get even more damaged.

"My step-mother will kill me." The young lady moaned.

I help the young woman stand up, making sure the boxes weren't at risk of falling.

The young woman stared at me blowing a strand of hair out her face.

"My names Cinderella."

Peculiar name.

"I'm Arista."

We share a smile before a look of panic crosses Cinderella's face.

"I have to get back home! My stepmother will be furious, I haven't even begun dinner yet."

Cinderella is becoming frantic and speeding up.

This in turn was making the boxes in her arms wobble.

I quickly rush up next to her.

"Hey! Let me help."

Cinderella comes to a stop and looks at me, no doubt debating.

"It's alright, I can manage."

I won't hear of it.

"Please, it's partly my fault you are running late, let me help." I press reaching up to grasp several of the boxes.

"Alright, thank you."

Now we're both carrying 3 boxes each.

We stroll along the Dirt road conversing.

"If you don't mind me asking, why didn't your step mother send someone to help you."

Surly she couldn't expect Cinderella to carry all these boxes my herself.

I watch as Cinderella shakes her head and her shoulders slump.

"Stepmother likes to make me do the cores, she tells me I need to earn my keep."

Earn her keep?!

"Well surly your father would never allow this."

I can't imagine a man I'm their right mind that would ever allow their child to be treated with such disrespect.