Lust for power

A/N: hey guys so I know I've been slow on updating my stories and I do have a reason, it's but something i feel comfortable just putting out here for everyone to see, but if you wish to know that send me a mess and I'll tell you.

Enchanted forest

There was to be a wedding.

The wedding of Snow White and Prince Charming.

Yippee

How wonderful for everyone.

Naturally...... I wasn't invited.

Then again I suppose the apprentice of the dark one has no place at a royal wedding.

You heard me right.

Appreciate.

I had been promoted.

Well more like rumplestiltskin had decided if I was going to be stick around I might as well learn to defend myself.

So after much consideration as rumple would tell me, he was going to teach me magic.

Apparently mermaids had a knack for a type of magic, not as powerful as others but it was still there, after all we can travel between worlds.

That in its self was magic.

I stood at the table that was littered with different potions, objects and books  rumple was sat on a chair in front observing me.

"Now deary you and others of your kind possess mermaid magic, this magic is what give your kind the ability to travel through worlds and if you learn to harness it, perhaps you could learn to travel to any world without the use of water."

Travel without water?

Perhaps I could help Jefferson?

The bracelet is great, but only I can use it.

"Mermaids can summon storms deary but what are storms made out of."

"Well wind & air mostly.... Are you saying you can teach me how to control the elements?"

I can learn to control elements!

"only wind and water Deary you're not that powerful."

Well, twos better than none I suppose.

"However deary you are nowhere near strong enough to undertake such challenging magic, you will first learn how to master hypnosis."

My hand freezes on a bottle of a Neely yellow liquid.

"Hypnosis? What do you mean?"

"Have you truly no idea of what your species are capable off." Dare I say there was a hint of disbelief.

All of a sudden I feel shy.

"Well as a princess we've never really had to do much, I lean we had round the clock guards to protects us plus we had to set an example for our subjects."

I truly didn't know how to do anything.

Rumple rolls his eyes.

"It's disgusts me, your kind were once powerful and respected creatures, One's that would be the things of sailors nightmares. The ones that could sink a whole army with nothing but their voice alone. Now look at you, nothing more than fish bait."

Rumple goes to walk away.

"Where are you going? What about my lessons!"

"I'm not going to waist my time on a little fish that has no respect for what she is."

"Rumple I want to learn!" I plead with the dark one.

"I don't think you want this enough." He taunts.

"I want it! I do!"

He walks to face me head on, grasping my cheeks in his scaly hand.

"Then prove it, prove your worth my time, prove to me your not just some pretty ornament."

"H...how am I supposed to do that?"

Rumple leans Down, for a moment I thought he was going to kiss me but he stopped.

"You'll think of something."

His breath fanned my face before he wirled back around leaving me alone.

Desperate to show him I'm worth it I stall back to my chambers and begin brainstorming.

I know.

I scour my room for parchment and a quill, then I begin writing.

It's takes most of the day but by nightfall I am look at my finished work with pride.

My fingers hurt and Ink stains my hands yet I've never been prouder.

Grasping my finished work in my plans I take leave to serve for rumple.

To my surprise I find him in company.

There is a young woman perhaps my age or a little younger and she's reading through a book, rumple is gleefully watching over her.

Nervously I clear my throat.

"Rumple?"

Rumple turns to me with a look of boredom on his face.

"What?"

Gathering my nerve I walk in to the room with confidence.

I hand rumple my finished work.

Looking down at the pieces of paper in his hand with distaste rumple addressed me.

"And what is this?"

"You told me to prove to you I was willing to learn, so I went and wrote you an entire paper on the history of mermaids their origin, abilities and life span."

Surely that will be enough.

To my dejection rumple let out a shrill laugh, the young woman sat as the desk joins in.

Then right before my eyes, my hours of writing and pain goes up in flames curtsey of the dark one.

I stare at the pile of ash with horror.

Tears fills my eyes.

All my hard work.

"Honesty deary, did you really expect that to impress me."

"But I spent hours on it." I weakly protest.

Though rumple takes no prisoners.

With a roll of his eyes he addresses me.

"So you can write. Most of the population possess that skill, all your doing is proving my point, now if you don't mind I have to get back to my apprentice."

"What?"

Rumple with a gleeful smirk gesture to the young girl who is smirking at me.

"Meet Janice she will be taking your place as my apprentice, Janice wants it unlike you."

And just like that with a flick of my wrist I'm transported to my room.

How could he just dismiss me?

The tears flow freely down my face.

No!

I will prove to him I'm worth teaching.

I will show people why mermaids should be respected.

I shall become powerful no matter the consequences.

I strut out of my room and out the castle.

I'll show him just how deadly I can be.