day out with Ruby

Have you ever felt like your being watched.

I can't explain it but the last few days, heck few weeks the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Whenever I turn around is on one there.

Maybe I'm just imagining it.

Maybe the last few weeks of stress has finally caught up to me.

To try and take my mind of it all, I was spending the afternoon with ruby.

School had let out and ruby wasn't working this afternoon so that meant she had been roped into shopping with me.

With the extra money I was earning from private lesson's with Paige and add on the £70 a week I get from teaching dance, I was able to splurge on a few bits for my apartment.

So we were currently scoping around the kitchen appliance section in the store, I was In need of some new plates, well I wanted to get some nice ones, I only have plastic plates but I've had my eyes set on a stunning 25 piece set with a teal reactive glaze, very fancy.

It was kind of embarrassing when I would hold dinner party's and have the food in plastic bowls or plates.

Thankfully I did have wine glasses so at least that was something, but I wanted nice plates and Bowles to go with it.

Just recently I had purchased a very pricy white and blue China afternoon tea set, and it proudly has its own cupboard in my apartment.

One day I would love to organise one of those afternoon tea's, where you invite all your friends over to sip tea and eat scones and little sandwiches.

"Hallie what about these, there on sale?"

Ruby holds up three cream cemeric containers with wooden lids, one reads tea, the other coffee and the last one the biggest of the three read butter.

Right now I keep my tea and coffee in plastic containers of just in the packet it would be nice to have an Actual place to put my coffee granules and my tea bags.

"How much?"

"$8 for the set."

"Add them to the pile."

She put them in the ever growing trolley.

One of the best things about storybrooke, things were cheap, well not that cheap but not as expensive as it would be in bigger towns or even cities, considering we didn't really have that big of a population couple thousands at the most.

Heck monthly's bills were very cheap, in fact I could pay my gas, water, electricity, rent and tax bills on just 3 weeks school wages.

So far I had in my cart, the three containers ruby put in, new bed sheets, a new bed duvet set that was a teal silk, a pretty Beige lamp that was 75% off, some brown and white polkadot bath towels, some more candles, a round mirrored tray, bath salts and oils and a brand new plug in air freshener.

Safe to say I had come in for more than I intended.

"Thanks for help me out today ruby."

Ruby smiles.

"It's no problem, I'll admit when you asked me to hang out, I thought there would be a little more drinking involved but this is also nice, in-fact your doing me a favour."

That catches my attention.

"Really?"

What could of been so bad that she would much rather spend her free afternoon wondering aimlessly around a furniture store.