A deal with the Devil

I know what I'm about to do was very stupid and if my father knew he would have me confined in my room, no doubt with round the clock guards.

Of all the stupid and reckless stunts I've pulled,this takes the cake.

However nothing will prevent me from seeing my plan through.

After all mother always imposed the importance of family, and how family always comes first.

This is me keeping that promise.

The beach I've chosen is void of anyone else, it's just me.

I sit in the shallow water and the tide washing over me taking the sand that has dried on my tail.

I've been here for the last hour, debating on wether I can bring myself to utter those 4 words.

He can help me get what I want.

The humans always speak of him and his power.

However they also say, you might as well make a deal with the devil.

Knowing If I don't do it now I'll never utter the 4 words that will forever change my life.

" Rumpelstiltskin I summon thee."

Nothing.

"Rumplestiltskin I summon thee!"

Still noting

"Rumplestiltskin!"

I expect there to be something.

Maybe lighting or a burst of magic.

There was just nothing.

Disappointment fills my chest, what was I thinking, of course it wouldn't work.

I should of known better.

I turn to leave when a voice startled me.

"Leaving so soon Dearie."

I turn sharply to my right.

There perched on a bed of rocks was the dark one himself.

The monster everyone fears.

The destroyer of lives.

All of a sudden my throat is dry as the attempt to produce words, yet all I seem to do is open and choose my mouth.

The dark one tuts.

"Now now dearie there's no need to be shy."

"Umm i would like to make a deal for my sister-"

Rumple interrupts me.

"Yes, yes I'm well aware of your precious little sisters tragedy, Voice stolen by the Evil queen forbidden from returning to her true love, cursed to spend the rest of her days voiceless."

Rumple tattles on, in a vioce that would very much suggest he was disinterested.

"So you will be Able to help my sister then."

"I could Gift her with a necklace that would return her voice and legs."

In his hand appears a beautiful gold necklace with a dark blue Jem hanging down.

That's more than I could ask for.

"Yes! Please allow my sister to be with her true love."

Rumple crackles.

"Remember dearie all magic comes with a price."

I came prepared.

I open my palm to showcase on if my most prized possession, my coral necklace it was gifted to me by my mother before she died.

"This necklace was given to my mother by the god Poseidon himself, it gives anyone in possession of the necklace the ability to breath underwater."

It pains me to part with such a treasure and one of the last things that my mother left me.

But if it could help my sister be with her true love, it's a price worth paying.

My beloved sister was far gone in Grief, the woman roaming the place grounds felt like a stranger to me, she had the face of my sister but the soul of someone completely different.

"You can keep your pretty baubles dearie, what I want in return for my gift is your loyalty."

That takes me by surprise.

"Excuse me?

"I will grant your beloved sister the necklace, however in return you shall work for me, anything I require you shall retrieve, you will report to me, you shall live under my roof and complete my every desire."

"That's not what I wanted." I try to press.

"That's my final offer dearie, if you want your sister to find happiness and spend the rest of her life with the Prince you have to give yourself to me."

The dark one waves his hand and a piece of parchment rolls down his hand.

He holds the pen out.

"Just sign of the dotted line dearie, and your beloved sister will have legs and a vioce."

He hands me the pen.

I just stare at the parchment.

"Tik tok dearie, I don't have all day."

"Can I have more time to think about it."

A frown morphs on the dark ones face.

"I can see that your waiting my time." He disappears in a puff of purple smoke.

Along with the pen and parchment.

"Wait! No come back! You have a deal!"

The dark one appears once more.

He hands me the pen and points to the dotted line.

I sign my name.

Arista.

The dark one crackles.

"Excellent doing business with you."

There's no going back now, but at least Now Ariel will find her happy ending, where as I'll be a slave to the dark one for the rest of my life.

"Can I have the necklace then, I wish to personally give it to my sister."

"I'm afraid that's not going to happen, your sister will find the necklace but for now we best get going I have a task for you."

I quickly point have an obvious flaw with the dark ones request.

"How am I to travel on land."

The dark one rolls his eyes.

He waves his hand, there is a coolness on my left wrist, looking down I notice a silver bracelet with a beautiful jewled shell in  the center that is cushioned by blue metal that is crafted to look like waves.

Suddenly my beautiful red tail has been replace with two very human legs.

I stand up for the very first time, stumbling a few moment much like a new born calf and I try to get my footing.

Finally I am balanced enough to where I can walk in straight line.

I am clothed in a red dress, the cool material flows around my legs with slits both sides that offer easy movement, my top half is covered by a thin material and the straps wrap around my neck leaving my back exposed.

The cool night air brushes against my back producing tingles.

I've never felt such a material before, it felt very soft and thin, despite its texture it was not see through though it felt very light and free flowing.

"Time is of the essence dearie."

Suddenly the two of us disappear into purple smoke.

It wouldn't truly settle in until a few days later, I had sold my soul to the devil himself.

I was now the dark ones personal servant.