The loss of the Beauty

Time passed by and soon days turned into weeks and weeks into months.

Living with the dark one wasn't horrible, I suppose.

I was given my own room and received three meals a day, rumple would even let me watch him spin gold if I kept quiet.

Still I still felt the absence of the ocean.

The dark one castle was situated in the mountains, away for any body of water, sea or lake.

However I try not to think about it, most of the days my time is spent travelling land and sea, collecting items for the dark one, sometimes I tasked with collecting "payments" from people who have yet to produce their side of the bargain, my ability to cross worlds serves him well.

During my travels i was relayed news from a creature of the sea, that news had spread Princess Ariel was headed toward Agrabah in search of her true love, her voice having been restored.

The news gave me comfort, and encouraged me to serve the dark one loyally, he kept up his end of the bargain, I would keep up mine.

I observe my reflection In the golden mirror, my blond hair that used to hang around my face in sopping clumps, smelling of seaweed, now hung around my face dry, with a small section of hair twisted around my head until the two sections met at the back on my head, the fresh rejuvenation scent of the sea had been replaced by floral oils.

Rumpelstiltskin had even gifted me with a few dresses.

"Nothing fancy dearie , but it's much better than that piece of cloth you used to own."

Apparently respectable ladies didn't display their bare backs, or bare legs.

I will admit the soft but heavy fabric took some getting used to.

Today I was wearing a simple floor-sweeping black gown, the fabric felt very light but it had a slight grainy feel to it, there was no pattern, just fluted pleats and draped sleeves that were slit like a cape-like effect.

The only jewellery i wore was my bracelet, I never take it off, without that I will once again become a mermaid.

I was trying to blend in.

Rumpelstiltskin had just given me an errand.

He wanted me to Journey to a neighbouring kingdom.

He wanted me to find a girl.

Belle

That's what he called her.

Earlier today the evil queen arrived, I count my blessings I was out collecting money from the villagers, goodness knows what I would of attempted to do to the queen if we had come face to face, after all the pain she caused my sister which subsequently led to my servitude to the dark one.

He would not tell me what happened or what was said during the confrontation, all he asked of me was to find out Information on a woman named belle and her whereabouts.

So with a steady determination I begin my  task.

Rumpelstiltskin walks me past the overgrown hedges in the garden and hands me a purse with two coins inside.

"Now dearie you have two trips in your palm,  each coin will transport you only one place, just visualise on you destination and you shall arrive there."

"I understand."

"Good."

Rumpelstiltskin and I part, him turning around and progressing back to the castle, I on the other hand reach into the purse and grasp one of the coins.