High expectations (part one)

Super excited to be saying I'm doing a collaboration with Beth!
{ aka @bethaneygrimesyo }

Sorry for mistakes!

I take a deep breath and stare out at the gates. Gaping teeth and white eyes stare back into mine, yearning for my flesh on the other side.

Everyone is inside right now, we found loads of food and they decided to feast inside cell block c. (tbt yo)

I ate until I felt full then decided on getting some fresh air. I like a little time to think to myself. I only really go to the big dinner parties when Carl is there. I've got my eyes set on him. As much as I try to tell myself I don't, I take every possible chance to be near him. Although it doesn't matter much, were only really acquaintances.

He barely pays attention to me, always being with Patrick. I don't really have anyone. I'm the middle girl which basically means no friends. Beth is too old to really hang with me, (I'm sorry) and Lizzie, Mica, Luke and Molly are practically babies. (Sorry again)

I stayed only ten extra minutes after I ate because of Carl. Him and Patrick ran up to the cell, must have been planning something from the looks of it.

The sun is setting and a cool breeze brushes past my face. I hear walkers groaning louder, it sounds more eager and I turn my head to the other side of the gates. Carl is just standing there, I watch as his hand slowly reaches out and he starts to walk closer.

My feet pick up the fastest pace and my heart stops and I run down to where he's at. "CARL!" I scream as his fingers etch closer. He seems startled and turns to look at me as I run for him. He looks really confused as I reach him out of breath.

His hand is still out and the walkers beg him for his meaty fingers. "What the fuck?!" I yell at him, pushing his arm down to his side aggressively. He doesn't reply, just stares with his mouth gaped open.

His lips slowly curve upwards and he reaches his hand towards me this time. "You're pretty." He gushed out and it's then that I notice his blood shot eyes.

My cheeks heat up but I brush off the compliment. "Are you high?" I groan as I try to change the subject, still completely fluttered at his words.

"Mhm." He mumbles, his lips starting in a 'm' form as he reaches over and grabs my left boob. I push back quickly and stare at him with wide eyes. Ow did you have to squeeze it like that?

"What the hell Carl?" I yell at him and he looks up at me like a scared child. His lips quiver and his eyes get watery and I melt inside. "Carl I'm sorry I didn't mean to y-" "why don't I have those?" He chokes out and a tear flows down his cheeks. I completely stop in my tracks and look up at him like he's crazy.

I'm not sure how to take this in and I almost forget he's there's until he cries out louder. "Even she has them!" His tears are consuming his face and his forehead is sweaty. He throws his hand up to point at a once living female. I sigh and roll my eyes as he starts to grab at the walkers rotting boob. Thank god it's inside a shirt, I smack his hand away and he jumps back and grabs his hand. "Ouch!" He yells at me.

"C'mon I didn't even smack that hard!" I roll my eyes then realize I'm starting to act just as childish. I need to get him out of here before anyone looks out and sees a sobbing teenage boy grabbing at walker boobs.

I grip a hold of his wrist and drag him to the tower. I can't risk going past the others with him. Wait..

"Where's Patrick?" I ask quickly as I drag him up the long steps. "Who's Patrick?" He asks and I sigh as we reach the metal doors. I stick him inside and rub my temples. "I'll be right back. Stay. Here." I scold him him and he nods to me as he cuddles on the cold ground, yawning and curling into a ball.

I leave in a hurry to look for Patrick and bring him up here. I'm worried to death that Carl is going to do something stupid so I decide on running.

"Y/n, what's up?" Damn it. I've been caught. I hold my hands behind my back and smile at Carol and the others who now have their eyes on me.

"Oh, just going to get Patrick!" I smile at them. They don't seem bothered, just a little shocked since I never hang out with them. "Speaking of, Carl shoul-" Rick starts to stand up and I quickly interrupt him. "No! I-um. Carl's waiting in the tower, he sent me to get Patrick." I bite my lip as they stare at me confused. "Well you see, we never hang out. So Carl wanted to get to know me and said I should see if Patrick wants to tag along. We got a lot of get to knowing to do so uh.. We're gonna be up late." I smile and Rick finally nods.

"It's good to see that you're making friends." He smile before drinking his cup of water. "Have fun." Beth smiles at me before turning and sticking a spoonful of gravy in Judith's mouth.

The group diverts their attention back to the previous conversation they were holding and I take the time to run up to his cell block. I sure hope he's in there and no where that puts his life in jeopardy.

WOAH GUYS YOU HAVE TO WAIT I LOVE YOU <3 :)
Sorry for mistakes!