Chapter- 75

*THIRD PERSON P.O.V*

Late at night, after having dinner, Taehyung, Aish and Minyoung sat down together to discuss what they are going to do for Woobin's first birthday.

Taehyung was very excited for his cupcake's first birthday and he had already thought of everything they are going to do.

He clapped his hands and placed his phone in front the other two, "See, we are going to decorate like this. How's it?"

Aish's eyes raked over the picture displaying on the phone and she nodded in appreciation, "Wow, it's good. We should do this."

Minyoung beside her also nodded.

Taehyung brightly smiled and said, "And I have thought of many more exciting things! I will tell you guys about them tomorrow."

Aish chuckled and shook her head at his actions, "Okay, now go to sleep. It's already late."

Taehyung crossed his arms and pouts, "Only if you will sing to me like before."

Aish looked at him fondly and stroked his hair, "Of course, come."

Minyoung left after saying goodnight and Aish sat down on the bed. Taehyung placed his head in her lap and she started gently stroking his hair.

Taehyung closed his eyes and a melodious voice rung in the air.

"Goodnight, goodnight
It's time now to sleep.
The moon's watching over
You and your dreams.
Goodnight, goodnight
My sweet little one.
Tomorrow your eyes
They will light up the sun."

Aish sung as she stared at Taehyung lovingly and gently brushed through his hair. Taehyung's voice whispered to her, "God, I missed this."

Aish softly smiled and sang the next part.

"But goodnight, goodnight
Sweet dreams for now.
Drift off to sleep
On your pillow of clouds."

She patted Taehyung's hair softly while humming.

"Goodnight, goodnight
My sweet little friend.
Tomorrow's adventures
They will soon begin.
Tomorrow's adventures
Will soon begin."

She completed the last line and slowly leaned in to press a kiss on Taehyung's forehead. She then leaned her head on the headboard and closed her eyes shortly drifting to sleep.

When Aish was asleep, Taehyung stirred before opening his eyes and slowly sitting up. He turned around his head and saw Aish being asleep while still sitting.

"Oh, Mama." He sighed and gently helped her lie down properly and covered her with a quilt.

He stood by her side and stared at her face for what seemed like a long time before he crouched down and took her hand into his.

He leaned his forehead on her hand and mumbled, "Thank you..." 

"Thank you for everything you have done for me, I can never repay this debt. Thanks for letting me know what a mother's love feel like."

Tears slid down his face one after another as he choked a little but continued, "You are no less important to me than my biological mother. You have given me something I had yearned for since my childhood."

He raised his face. The moonlight shone on his face, lighting up the two streaks of tears flowing down his cheeks. He looked like an angel even when crying.

"No matter how much I say I love you, I always love you more than that."

He finished his last sentence and gently lets go of the hand. He slowly stood up and walked out of the room.