88. betty's confessions

a/n: happy late new year my loves!!! i hope this year is everyone's best one yet!!!

from now on there will be updates at least once a week, every sunday!!!! ily, and i'll try to update more than once a week

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"TALLULAH LEFT," BETTY SAID to Claudia, Inez and Marlene, a deeply saddened look on her face.

Oh, Claudia thought. That explained Betty's glum ways throughout the mere few minutes she had been in her presence.

Claudia really didn't know what to say. She had barely even hung out with Tallulah at all, and when she did she was too busy being angry at Remus and also trying to resist him, so she hadn't really put in all her efforts to form some sort of proper friendship with the girl.

She was nice, sure, and really cool about the Remus-situation, but she also wasn't someone Claudia had thought properly about in months nor even properly spoken to in what felt like forever.

But by the look on Betty's face, she could tell it made her more upset than Claudia or any of the others would've assumed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Marlene asked, breaking the strange silence.

Betty was staring at the floor, Claudia was trying to figure out how to console someone without being awkward and Inez was also in deep thought.

"Not really," Betty said, rather quietly so. "But I just wanted you guys to know."

"Yeah," Marlene said. "Of course."

"If there's anything..." Claudia said. "Anything at all-"

"You can talk to us about it," Inez finished.

Betty nodded, smiling slightly at both Claudia and Marlene but not taking one glance at Inez.

Strange, Claudia thought. Was Betty angry at her?

No, it couldn't be. Claudia was probably just way too observant. At least that's what she herself thought.

"Yeah," Claudia nodded. "We're here if you need us."

"I know," said Betty. "So...does the offer of breakfast remain?"

"Of course," Claudia smiled. "I'm just gonna go wake up Remus."

Claudia nodded assuringly one last time at Betty and then she turned on her heel and trudged up the stairs into Remus' room. He looked to be waking up by now, slowly but surely. His eyes managed to flicker open and then close a few times before Claudia was done watching him.