37. peas & babies

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

ON MONDAY NIGHT, Claudia and Regulus joined Nicolas and Rosamund for dinner at Henry's house. This was because of the fact that Henry had invited his grandmother over - "Grandma Seer" as John called her - and they needed her guidance to continue on with their mission of finding the Horcruxes as Pandora continued with figuring out the safest spell to destroy them, sometimes with the help of Rosamund, David and Claudia - the smartest people she could use.

Now, let's state the obvious: the night would be one awkward mess.

And it was all because of one little kiss.

Or, well, more like several kisses.

A lot of kisses in fact, but let's not get into that.

Claudia was, of course, still angry at Regulus. It had after all only been a day since he had on horrible timing kissed Nicolas and forgotten all about her, and Claudia had decided that she was going to be furious at him for at least a week.

And, it was not only Claudia and Regulus who were in a bad spot. No, so was Regulus and Nicolas. In a different way, but still.

Claudia either ignored Regulus or glared and cursed at him, so that was a whole other thing compared to Nicolas and Regulus' situation. When it came to the two of them, awkwardness was the only word that could describe it.

They refused to look at one another, but when one of them did and their eyes accidentally met, the eye contact was quickly over as both of their separate pairs of eyes widened. And it definitely didn't help that they were sitting across from one another at the dinner table that Monday night in late October.

It was funny how Rosamund, who was the only one none of them were afraid to talk to, suddenly became everyone's safe spot.

Well, maybe that was with the exception of Regulus who still didn't know if Rosamund and Nicolas were married for convenience or for love, which only caused him to feel ashamed for kissing her husband.

Of course, it was rather obvious that Nicolas and Rosamund weren't particularly affectionate or even talkative with one another. Yes, Regulus was pretty much certain that they only married for convenience, but still.

However, coming back around to the "Rosamund being everyone's safe person-thing", it wouldn't be right not to mention how even Claudia of all people spoke to Rosamund and only Rosamund, which nearly caused the dark haired girl to laugh in her face every time.

All Rosamund knew was that whatever had happened between all of them was something that she would find highly amusing, so she was most certainly trying to figure out how to make Nicolas talk once they came home that night.

Claudia sat next to Regukus, but not for a moment did she even acknowledge his presence. Not when he gave her his tomatoes, not when he said something that had everything to do with an inside joke of theirs, nor when he gave up his piece of garlic bread.