107. whatever happened to the maple-blacks?

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

REMUS OPENED HIS EYES. He didn't know where he was, nor did he know how he had ended up there.

He had dreamt that it was Claudia who had brought him there. But that was impossible. She was dead. They had even had a funeral and everything, so it certainly couldn't be.

Even if there was no body to bury.

He took in his surroundings. He was in some sort of large tent, that honestly looked a little too large to be real. There were beds around him and he could spot the edge of a table far away, only to notice how someone closed the drape above it that functioned as a door.

Remus tried to slowly sit himself up so that he could try to figure out who that other person was. But it was difficult to move his body even just a little bit, because it all hurt.

So, he groaned and he winced and even cursed a little as he slowly tried to swing his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Whoa," he then heard a familiar voice say as footsteps neared him. "You shouldn't do that just yet. They broke a few of your bones. That's going to hurt even worse if you don't-"

"Who are you?" Remus asked in a scared tone, looking all around him like a frightened little mouse scared to be faced by the cat.

He heard the person chuckle, and suddenly the face of one Regulus Maple-Black appeared before him.

"I'm Regulus," he said with a cheeky grin. "Your girl's husband. Do you remember me? Or did you truly hit your head that hard when you fell?"

"Um..."

"Oh Salazar, you're not concussed, are you?"

"I don't think so..." Remus said breathlessly, watching the boy with wide and confused eyes. "I'm just so confused-"

"Yeah, about the dead-thing?"

Remus nodded. "Yeah. Right. The dead-thing."

"That I am not," Regulus said simply with a shrug. "It's a long story. One that you surely will be told soon."

Remus' eyes flickered, all as they lit up entirely. "Is she-"

"You're gonna need to drink this," Regulus said, interrupting Remus' question with a knowing smirk as he handed him a glass of some strange liquid. "It'll help with the...bones. We managed to heal you quite a bit, but that drink will make it hurt less."

"We?" Remus asked.

"Yes," Regulus grinned. "We sure as hell did that."

"And who's we?"

Regulus laughed, "Before you freak out, it's just a pain killer that dissolves in water. So it's nothing magic."

"Black," Remus said, the lack of patience written all over his face making Regulus laugh.