21. i've got 99 problems

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"SO, ELLA," said Regulus as everyone, with the exception of John, sat in the kitchen and had dinner a few days later as the rain poured outside. "A little birdie told me that my brother and you got into a bit of a...squabble when he broke into my house. Is that right?"

"Is that little birdie perhaps named Claudia?" Ella asked, looking knowingly at the brunette girl who only smiled innocently.

"Yes," said Regulus. "But why was my brother such a prick?"

"Why did you even tell him about all that?" Ella asked Claudia.

Claudia shrugged, "I told him everything. Lying is stupid. I'm trying to stop."

"Good for you," Cora said with a smile, and then turned to Regulus.

"Turns out your brother was the boy who had asked Ella out on a date. The date that she later forgot all about all at the same time as she forgot his name as well."

Regulus sniggered, "That'll damage that big ego of his."

"Tell me about it," Ella mumbled. "You know, I have to say that you're definitely the better brother. He was a little too mean."

"You were too, Ella," Cora pointed out.

"Only because he was," she smirked. "Anyhow, I'm very grateful I never went on a date with that jerk. Saved me time, money and plenty of happiness."

"Good to hear," Regulus chuckled.

"Hey!" Claudia exclaimed. "I have you know that Sirius is actually a very nice boy once you get to know him. You just messed with his ego a bit, is all. He'll recover, and when he does you'll absolutely adore him."

Ella snorted, "Sounds unlikely."

Claudia only shook her head, glancing sideways at Regulus who seemed suddenly somber, and that got her to realise that he never really knew his brother after the day he left and got disowned.

Claudia, for one, even had more of a relationship with Sirius than Regulus did at this point.

And it ached so in her to realise that.

"Where's John?" Asked David, who was sitting in an armchair with his notes and his infamous glasses resting on the tip of his nose.

"At work," Cora responded. "Thought you knew that?"

"Yes, but when will he be back?"

"Not anytime soon," Cora said with a confused look aimed his way.

"Good," David said, sitting up straight and putting down his notes. "Fiendfyre."

"Fiendfyre?"

"Fiendfyre."

"What're you on about, dad?" Ella asked.