26. i would give you the moon

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"REGULUS, CAN WE PLEASE GO HOME?" Was all he heard. He turned to look at her with a frown, for nothing about Claudia's voice sounded like she was okay. "Please."

"Yeah," he said, immediately standing up and picking up the napkin he had written some very important information on. "Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen?"

Claudia turned around for a second, looking around the party tent with weary eyes before she turned back to him.

"I just want to go home," she whispered, and Regulus wasted no time on taking her hand, before he spotted the very person he had expected was behind her distraught state walking towards them with intentions set in stone.

"Regulus?" He heard Nicolas say from behind him with a strange tone of his voice. "Don't go yet, we need to-"

"Claudia!" Remus, who was approaching them by now, said in a hoarse voice, causing her grip to tighten around Regulus' hand. "Please, I'm so sorry. Let's just talk-"

"Regulus-"

"Claudia-"

"What's going o-"

"I'm sorry-"

Crack!

Claudia was the most grateful she had ever been of her husband.

Regulus realised that whatever Nicolas wanted, he had to wait to hear, and that whatever Remus wanted to say, Remus would have to suck up and let go, because if there was one thing that was clear it was that Claudia was not doing that great.

They were back at Grimmauld Place by now, savouring a few moments of silence as Regulus lit up what was their dark bedroom.

"That was a bit hectic," he said, walking over to a drawer and placing the napkin in there, for he felt he didn't have to look at it until the morning. "I've got something to tell you, though, Dia..."

Regulus trailed off with his sentence, because behind him all he could here were quiet sniffles coming from Claudia.

He turned around by the sound of it, and all he saw was a heartbroken girl who didn't know what to do.

Honestly, Regulus himself didn't know what to do either. Comforting people had never been his thing, especially not considering the fact that he had only really comforted two people in his life:

Claudia and Sirius.

But, he knew that all Claudia really needed was a hug, no matter what had happened with Remus, so he did just that. He hugged her as tightly as he could hear.

"Hey," he whispered, rubbing awkward yet loving circles on her back. "You're okay."

"I fucked up," she replied with a small sniffle. "I fucked up real bad."