116. blood

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・

"WOULDN'T WANT TO LEAVE YOUR WAND laying around now would you, Potter?" Nicolas Clarke said in his same old slightly amused, slightly annoyed tone.

Nicolas was standing in James and Lily Potter's hiding place in Godric's Hollow. In front of him stood James, who carried a terrified look on his face.

"Nicolas," James said. "What're you doing here?"

"Saving you," Nicolas answered him. "He'll be here any minute."

"What?" James said, utterly confused.

"The Dark Lord. I managed to figure out his plans. He'll be here any minute. He wants Harry."

James' eyes widened. He was already prepared for the Dark Lord's arrival, but seeing Nicolas standing in his kitchen had been comforting for a moment, as if it almost wasn't going to happen.

Then James suddenly felt terrified.

"How can I trust you?" He asked Nicolas, not trying to sound polite in any way.

"You can," said Nicolas.

"I'm pretty sure I can't-"

"I know I've messed up about a billion times," said Nicolas, quickly so. "Especially with Claudia-"

"Don't you dare mention her!" Said James, angrily so. "For all I know you and your disgusting group of buddies are the reason she's dead!"

"Have you not been listening to the news?" Said Nicolas, growing more impatient by the second. "She's alive."

"I- what?!" Said James, getting even more confused.

"We don't have time for this, Potter," said Nicolas. "But I need you to know that you can trust me. Claudia and Regulus and I, we've been trying to destroy him. We're really close. All that's left is that we kill him. But he's coming here. And that's why I need you to take Harry and Lily now!"

The second Nicolas finished talking they saw a light coming from outside the window. It was strong enough to tell them that it was in fact magic.

"Go!"

"No," James said. "I'm not leaving you alone with him. Give me my wand."

Nicolas would've argued against James' choice, but he honestly didn't have the time. So he tossed James his wand, and the two of them stood there, waiting.

Another glowing light showed itself outside of the window and they could hear the sound of the door opening slowly.

Ready to fight, the two of them got their wands ready. However, it wasn't Voldemort who arrived at Godric's Hollow in that moment, because through the door came Claudia and Regulus.

The four of them stared at one another, wide-eyed and terrified.

"Claudia," Nicolas said in a whisper. "Regulus. What-"