<T#3 3N|)?>

Izuku's world had been blacked out by rubble. He couldn't move, but accepted his death as necessary. There was no other option but to make sure that demon stayed in hell, where he belonged. The green haired boy hated the fact that Ochako would be hurting but... there's nothing he could do. He faded to peace... but, to his surprise, he stirred. Izuku opened his eyes slowly, finding himself enveloped by soft quilts on a bed... in an unfamiliar room. It was tall, made of white marble, and with stained glass of many colors in the upper parts of the windows. Immediately on edge, he pulled the sheet off of him, and got to his feet. His Deathslinger garb was hanging on the door, and it was only now that he noticed that he was in hospital garments. Quickly changing, he exited to find... a pure white hall with a ceiling at least 16 feet high. White pillairs reached the absurdly tall heights, and banners of light flowed down from them. Looking out a window, he couldn't believe it when he saw what could only be described as paradise. Where even am I? Abstract shapes lined the ceiling... eventually forming an arrow towards the end of the hall when he looked at them. As he slowly strode down the hall, he could hear a conversation between two people. A commanding woman, both young and authoritative, and... one Izuku could've sworn he's heard before. He watched as a pirate seemed to talk with an 18 foot slender... Angel?

The boy spoke first. His voice was hardened, by battle or experience, and it was clear he was negociating with the being. The green hair was an odd touch, considering the rest of him was in 17th century pirate garb. "All I'm asking is some leeway on the gesh Jones placed me under. One day out of a year is too little. I want to visit her again. My crew wants more shore leave."
"I will see what I can do... Your job is imperative to your world's function... I cannot alter it too much without massively taking away from its balance..." She took a breath, before stating, "I'm afraid I'll have to look it over another time, as it appears my guest is finally awake." She turned to the door Izuku was peeking through, causing it to fully open and reveal him to the duo.
"I will work on it, Captain... Leave us..."
The other boy, known as the Captain, sighed, "Fine... That's all I ask." He strode down the hall to his back, vanishing from view.
The Angel smiled at him. She had fair skin, with her eyes being the only display of color on her, with the color shifting around the color wheel when you trace her iris. Her wings were white at a glance, eventually he could see a rainbow shimmer from them. She was completely white, even her long, flowing hair, which reached down to her waist. Her dress was ornate, yet flowing, allowing for freedom of movement while still holding ancient meaning. Runes were woven into the fabric, the most prominent being a Helix with two outward projections on the sides, making them look like opposing flower blooms. Towering over him, she beckoned for him to approach.
"I am not your enemy, Izuku Midoriya."
With nothing else but awe on his mind, he asked, "Who... who are you?"
She motioned for him to follow, and he had no alternative but to do so. "I am known by many names. Goddess, Angel, Creation itself... but I watch over all worlds. You died when you were not supposed to, so I brought you to my realm, where I could heal you..."
With a goddess interested in him, he had to ask: "Can... Can I go back?"
She mused, "Do you want to?"

There was so much he wasn't able to do, and now he had a way to finally live. Even if it was in death. "I do."
She nodded, continuing to walk. "Good. I can send you back... but you are dead. You would not survive a day in your fracture without protection..."
That was concerning, he realized. The dead aren't meant to traverse the land of the living...
"Do not worry, I will offer it. For a price."
Now that caught him off guard. He didn't expect someone like this to demand anything, but he knew it was better to listen to a deal first. Even if it appeared beneficial. "A price?"
She glanced down with her multicolor eyes, continuing. "You help me in areas I cannot get involved in, and I will pay you with these." She tossed a coin to him. It was made of a blackish/red glassy substance, which felt warm to the touch.

Curious, he had to know what she was wanting to give him. "What is this?"
And, to his surprise, it was exactly what he needed. Convenient. A bit too convenient. "An Iridescent coin. Flipping it will allow you to travel to and stay in your original world for 24 hours."

"And you're paying me in these?"
They arrived at a new room, the doors opening back to reveal a library/study with impossible geometry. Her response was simple, yet hiding more secrets behind it. "Yes. I'll need your help. I may be a goddess, but I'm not all powerful. Not yet."

That drew his attention. "What do you mean, not yet?"
She sighed, clearly using her tactics to draw him in. It was a negociator's tactic. "That is a conversation for another time. Here... I drafted this while you were unconscious... a contract. It's a promise from me to you, that I will protect your world as best I can and give you the ability to survive there past your death... as long as you help me out when you can."

Izuku, familiar with legal documents such as this, read over the parchment. It even detailed him as the guardian of his world. "What does it mean I will be the guardian of my world?"
"The Captain is under a similar contract... You will be the protectors of your world, Lords who swear fealty to me. This is the best outcome for all of us..." She smiled sweetly, but her eyes expressed something entirely different. An inherent threat of if he refused, all he cared about would be at risk, but that flash of hostility vanished after a moment.

Izuku made his choice. "Right. I'll do it." He signed the document, and she used her power to roll up the scroll and place it on a shelf, with a seal of approval.

"Right, the first task I have... is here... have fun... it's a mark I think you'll enjoy."

When Izuku looked over the file, his eyes widened at the description, but when he realized who he was going to hunt, he smiled. "Yes, I think I will..."