Betrayal & Capture

Class 1A had actually heard the entire conversation, unbeknownst to the ashen blond who just left the area. Kirishima was going to check in when he heard the part about how Izuku shot Iida, and got the rest of the class to listen in. A major breach of privacy, that seemingly wasn't far enough as Momo created a quick bug to place on Bakugo as he passed by with a tracker, whose signal connected to their phones. Now, Momo, Jiro, and Mina followed Bakugo as he headed to Izuku's house. They had to borrow someone's car, so Jiro got roped in for the ride. As well as being the naturally best to hear, of course.

Mina spoke up first, noting where they were. They were still in Mustafu, but the pinkette observed, "That's not Bakugo's place. He's taken us once before. He takes after his Mom."

Momo, meanwhile, stroked her chin in thought, trying to see inside. Lights were on, so it was all about getting the right angle. "Interesting..."

Soon enough, they did find one. There was the man himself, the Deathslinger from the news, just sitting on a sofa. This must have been his place. They had just found the lair of one of the most notorious and lethal vigilantes in the nation. Hell, he had attacked the USJ! With villains! Even shooting the ashen blond himself!

There was more going on here than even Momo could understand, so she kept her mouth shut as a conversation between Bakugo and another individual started. It was loud, considering the explosive blond only just entered the place. The group listened intently as their classmate initiated the conversation. "So, how's the leg?"

His voice was surprisingly... boyish. Young. Just like them, honestly. "Could be worse. Mind holding it like this?"
There was a pause, before the blond's gruff voice asked again, "What are you doing?"
"Building a brace."
They didn't realize how deep the connection went, especially with what was said next. "... you know mom needs to hear from you."
The other voice dismissed it, with sharp breaths as he worked on the leg brace. From their viewpoint, they couldn't see what it looked like. But, all their eyes widened once the Deathslinger confirmed his connection to Bakugo. "Yeah, I'll contact Aunty when I don't have this leg pain right now."
What caught them off guard was how kind the blond seemed to be to this boy. Far more so than any of them. Kirishima had been trying to get on his good side for weeks, yet this vigilante had recieved what none of them ever did. A complete compliment. "You did good today. Everyone in the class saw."

This boy still kept his more pessimistic attitude. As if he didn't want the spotlight. The opposite of most vigilantes in the modern era, as Aizawa went over in their law and ethics classes. "Of course they did. I saw the news helicopter. No avoiding news coverage."
What they knew about this vigilante was turned completely on its head by what Bakugo said next. Especially since it recontextualized his actions at the USJ. "Look, I know you said you were going to stop stealing money from that shitty ass villain group, but stopping a bank heist, really?"
Sighing, the other boy nearly growled. Money wasn't his aim, but proving a point was. "I wasn't there for the money and you know that. We both do."

Instead of dignifying that with a response, the blond dismissed that. "Tch..."
After a moment of silence, the greenette was curt with his next words. "Done, you can let go..."
With unusual concern, the blond scoffed at him. "Don't push yourself." The audio indicated that there was movement, and their view into the room showed the boy standing up with unsteady legs. He walked around, as if... testing his left? What was the point...?
Meanwhile, the boy did explain to them all, whether he knew it or not. "I'm not. Just testing its strength... Yep... barely feel the pain. Its taken all the weight without a problem. Even so, I'll be outta commission until it sets properly, but I lounge around most of the day anyway. Maybe I'll invite you and Aunty over for a movie fest. With some popcorn."
That got a laugh from the blond. Again, it hammered home the fact that he gave more positive emotions to this killer than the rest of their class. Mina in particular was disturbed by this fact. They all chuckled at Bakugo's response, however. "You love your westerns for some reason.... But I have school tomorrow."
In an entirely serious voice that cemented the punchline, he fired back, "Had we not recovered our friendship, I would've shot you for that alone."