Determination and Sheer Will

Saying that Katsuki Bakugo was concerned would be a massive understatement. Izuku wouldn't talk to anyone... not after the night Ochako was taken. Not even the teachers could get him to crack... but he did follow their instructions, from when they asked everyone to get on the bus to head back, to classes and their work... but he never said a word... until after the day they got back. Izuku wouldn't even respond to him. However, Izuku did respond to, and actively approached Eraserhead, with the sleep deprived hero looking back, "Yes, Midoriya?"
His voice was calm, even if the spirit of what he was saying... wasn't. "I need access to the support wing."
After a moment of hesitation, he asked, hoping this was the case. After all, not many heroes built their own gear. "You need to make more tools to practice with?"
"Yes."
The man sighed, accepting that it was either let the boy go, or find him there after acceptable hours. "Very well. I'll tell Powerloader you're coming."
Izuku nodded before heading over.

When Izuku arrived, he heard a commotion in the room, and stepped to the side of the door as an explosion launched a support student through the reinforced door and a few feet away. Izuku leaned to look in the room, then back at the pink haired girl, then entered the room. "Ah, Midoriya..." He turned to see Powerloader talking to him. "Good to finally have you here. Just do what you need to, and if you need anything, let me know."

He nodded, and grinned as he set to work. It was times like this where he was glad that Powerloader let students have free reign. It would suit his needs nicely.

He toiled away, not resting until his work was done, spending hours and almost entire days inside the support wing. This concerned Katsuki, who watched him for a portion of the day. Powerloader stood next to him, not wanting to interrupt the craftsman from his handiwork. Bakugo spoke first, concern clearly laden in his voice "He hasn't been to class... or eaten a proper lunch since he came back..."
The support hero completely agreed with the hero student's assessment. "I am worried for him as well. The kid was just like this when I told him of his UA rejection." He sighed, and shook his head. "I don't know what he's thinking, but he's in a dark place right now. All we can do is stand by him."

They noticed that Izuku was replicating the rifle he had... the Redeemer, but adding some new features... The bayonet was no longer just scrap, but a pristine jagged blade. The whole gun was made of metal, and he was hollowing out the stock for some reason. Instead of an outside crank, he was working on an internal mechanism. As he checked the different chain options, he called out to Powerloader. "Do you know anyone who can make a miniature synthesis module? Digital components are not my forte."
Powerloader thought for a moment, then calling out, "Hatsume!"

"Yes?" The pink haired girl from earlier practically skipped over to them. When it was anything other than inventing, she ignored him. But she could tell that this was actually about inventing, and that was enough.
He gestured to the green haired boy. "Midoriya here needs your help. He's excellent with mechanics, but wants some assistance with digital components."
Beaming, her eyes zeroed onto the area, and she bolted, nearly barreling into the greenette, eager to get started, "Right! So, what baby are we making today?"

That forced Izuku to stop for a moment, looking at her as if she was deranged, "baby?"
Without skipping a beat, she gestured all over his work station. "You know, that device you're working on!"
That made more sense. Nodding, he explained, "Oh... I need something that can synthesize ammunition but able to fit within the stock... See?" He gestured to the metal form he'd made. "I also need an automating system for the chain mechanism I'm working on too. Just those two. Can you handle that without it exploding?"