Mistake

"L̶o̶v̶e̶ i̶s̶ n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ a̶ f̶a̶i̶r̶ g̶a̶m̶e̶."

.......................

CEO's Cabin

Y/n:- You called me?

Taehyung:- Yes. I want to talk to you.

Y/n:- Is it about-

Taehyung:- Forget what happened. It was a mistake. I was not in my right mind.

Y/n POV

I knew it. Of course. Why would he even choose me over his revenge? It hurts me, No! It kills me. But why does he always play with my feelings?

Y/n thoughts end

Y/n:- It's not a big deal. I didn't even think of it.

Taehyung:- That's good.

Y/n:- You have anything else to say?

Taehyung:- No, Let's go home now.

The whole car ride was silent. Even if he didn't admit it, He was getting affected by her. Every inch of her was making him lose control and his conflicted mind was getting the best of him.

They reached home and both of them avoided confronting each other. She went to her room and slammed the door shut which concerned him.

Y/n POV

Mistake? He had the nerve to say that? Park Y/n, Pull yourself together and stop thinking about that jerk. I shouldn't let myself get affected by his actions. I don't mean anything to him and I never will.

Y/n POV ends

She vented all her suppressed emotions to herself which calmed her nerves. She thought of getting a sleep but the lights went off automatically. Call it a hunch or whatever, she had a bad feeling about it.

Y/n:- Oh, Is it a power outage?

She called out to him but didn't get any response.

Y/n:- Taeee? Where are you? I swear if this is one of your pranks-

She barged into his room and was terrified to witness the sight. He was stabbed by someone and there was no trace of anybody. Panic swelled within her and she ran to him. Blood was continuously oozing out of his abdomen and he was losing consciousness.

Y/n:- Tae, Open your eyes please. Don't do this to me.

She dialled ambulance number in pitch darkness with her trembling hands and He was rushed to the emergency room. She quickly called Chanyeol and
managed to pass him the news while her sobs continued.

After few minutes

Chanyeol:- Y/n. What happened? Who did this?

She narrated the whole events and her breaths were getting shorter.

Y/n:- O-Oppa, He wi-ll b-e okay r-right?

Chanyeol:- Of course Y/n, He's Taehyung. He'll be perfectly alright. Don't cry.

Chanyeol walked back and forth through the hallway while Y/n was fixated at a position crying her eyes out.
They were waiting for the doctor to come out of the emergency room.

After a few hours, the doctor came out of the ER.

Chanyeol:- How is he? Doctor. He's fine right?

Doctor:- The cut is quite deep but fortunately it hasn't penetrated his internal organs. So there is nothing to worry. He is still unconscious but he may wake up anytime soon.

Y/n:- Can I see him?

Doctor:- Yes, But please try to be quiet.

She hurried to see him and Chanyeol was about to follow her but that's when his phone buzzed.

Call from Unknown

Chanyeol:- I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE HIM ALONE. SHOW YOURSELF, YOU BASTA*D.

Unknown:- Chill Chanyeol, this is just a warning. There's more to come.

Chanyeol:- Please, I'm begging you.

Unknown:- This is why you should have chosen when I gave you a choice.

Chanyeol:- I'd rather kill you than harming him.

Unknown:- Protect him however you want Chanyeol but all your efforts will be futile. Should I kill Y/n too? So that he won't be lonely? You know it's cute how she thinks she can protect him. Oh just look at the couple now holding hands.

Chanyeol:- You're here? SHOW YOURSELF THEN.

He roamed in every direction to find the Unknown, but he couldn't spot anyone suspicious.

She was sobbing with her hand interwined in Taehyung's hand.

Chanyeol walked into them and he was panting heavily.

Y/n:- What happened Oppa? Why are you breathless?

Chanyeol:- Y/n, He's here somewhere. Don't leave Taehyung alone.

She felt a rush of panic through her veins and held his hand tighter.

Suddenly, a knock on the door made them anxious.
Namjoon barged into the room and his eyes was fixated on an unconscious Taehyung. A drop of tear left his eyes seeing his brother's condition.

To their surprise, he grabbed Chanyeol's collar and tried to strangle him.

Namjoon:- You did this right? Wasn't killing our parents enough for you?

Chanyeol:- No- I

Namjoon:- Get out.

Chanyeol:- I-

Namjoon:- Just get the hell out of here.

He couldn't defend himself and he left with a heavy heart. If he wants to prove his innocence, he'll have to bring the unknown masterbrain behind all this. He had no other choice but to find him and end this once and for all.

Y/n and Namjoon was constantly gazing at Taehyung without even blinking their eyes. But to their disappointment, he wasn't responding one bit.

Namjoon:- Y/n, Go home and take rest. You look pale. Don't worry about him, I'm here.

Y/n:- I'm not going anywhere, Oppa. A- Are you suspecting me too?

Namjoon:- What! No. I know you wouldn't put him in danger. You love him too much to do that.

Y/n:- Oppa, Can I ask you something?

Namjoon:- What is it?

Y/n:- What happened to your parents? How did they die?

Namjoon:- I thought you knew. They were killed in a fire. Your brother was the one who set our house on fire.

Y/n:- W-What? But you and Tae, How did you survive?

Namjoon:- Taehyung wasn't here. He was abroad for his studies. As for me, I wasn't home that day.

Y/n:- How did you know that it was oppa?

Namjoon:- One of our neighbors saw him setting our house on fire.

Y/n:- I'm sorry Oppa, I-I didn't know.

She burst into tears hearing their horrible past. She felt guilty even though she was not at fault.

Namjoon:- Don't cry Y/n, It's not your fault. Taehyung stopped me from moving legally. He said he wanted do it his way. I didn't know marrying you was what he meant and I couldn't stop him. I am sorry for his actions, Y/n. You don't deserve this.

She couldn't believe about Chanyeol being a cold blooded murderer but a part of her felt like there's more to the story.

Neither of them talked after that and they dozed off enjoying the silence.

......................................................