88

I almost forgot how exhausting college is.

And since I did so good on my exams from last year. I can't slack off now. I did a fair amount of preparing for my classes over the last few weeks, but now that I am surrounded by literal brains, I regret not doing more.

"Don't stress yourself. This is only the first day. You'll be okay." Orla assures me when we sit outside and eat the sandwich we bought from the store across the street. "Of course there'll always be people who'll do more. No one expects you to be the best."

"I guess." I mumble. I still want to be the best though. In school I was. It's hard on my ego to realise that I am just average in college.

"Look who's there."

I follow her glance and spot the group of Ade, Adrian, Brody, Zach and Angel. Gen is with them but waves them goodbye when she sees us and heads to our direction.

"Have you talked to Ade after what she said to you?"

I shake my head and focus back on Orla. "No. Bucky tells me that I was overreacting and that she was just drunk and didn't know what she was saying, but you should've seen her when she said it. She knew. She knew it'd hurt him if she mentioned his past and then she touched his arms acting like nothing happened, being all giggly and stuff."

"I always got bad vibes for her. Honestly, from everyone in that friend group. Except maybe Brodie and Zach, but only because they're both too high to comprehend what's going on around them all the time."

"I don't know. I mean, Adrian is nice."

"Is he though?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know. I don't mean anything. I just don't trust him. Ade was obviously somehow pissed at you and Bucky, so who knows what lies Adrian told her."

"To be fair, even the truth would be reason enough for her to be angry with me. I kind of played her brother." I am still mad at myself when I say that out loud but it's the truth.

"You never promised him anything. He knew that you were in love with someone else when he asked you out. He literally told you he knew and that he only wanted a chance despite you being emotionally unavailable."

"I still kissed him that one time in the kitchen." I say.

"You were drunk."

"I agreed on a date with him after that kiss."

"Yes, because at that time you were confused about your feelings for James. You were fair and told Adrian that you were interested in someone else the second you found out. Don't try to find ways to blame yourself." Orla lectures me and smiles when Gen arrives, "Hey."

"Hey, what are you talking about?"

"About your crazy ex girlfriend who insulted Isla's man and who then had the audacity to touch him."

"I didn't think you'd be the jealous type." Gen sits down and grabs the sandwich I bought for her.

"I am not jealous."

"You sure? Because you've mentioned her touching his arm more than the things she said. To me it seems like you are jealous." Gen grins. "I am not saying it's true but it it were, you'd be actually delusional. That man loves you so much, it's almost disgusting. He wouldn't even look at another woman."

"I know. And I'm not mad at him. I'm mad at her for touching what's mine." I say and gasp when I realise what just came out of my mouth. "God, please forget what I just said. I have no idea where that bitterness came from. I am disgusted."