7

Isla's POV

"Tell me this is a joke. Tell me you're joking, please." I try my best to hold back my laughter but I am kind of tipsy so it's difficult to keep a cool mind.

"Stop laughing at my trauma.", Gen calls me out but laughs at the same time as well. "It's not funny, okay?"

"Wait, let me... let me sum up the situation." Focus, Isla. If you pretend it's not funny you won't laugh. "You guys were showering together and he, he just... peed on you?" When I say it out loud I can't help but burst out into laughter again. "I am so sorry, I know it's disgusting but it's also so funny."

"Isla, I have ptsd, okay? I can't even pee without thinking about it." She still laughs and takes another simp of the champagne.

"Did his pee have the same Color as the champagne?",I provocatively ask and watch her laugh and accidentally choke on the alcohol. She coughs and throws a pillow against my head.

"You dick!", she curses, still trying to catch her breath. I softly pad her back to help her.

After laughing about her ex boyfriend traumas for another ten minutes we lay down on the coach and sit there in comfortable silent until she finally speaks again.

"Isla?"

"Hm?"

"Why am I so unfortunate when it comes to men?"

"Because you're just 20. Don't rush things. Things happen for a reason and they happen when they are supposed to happen." I never had luck with boys myself. To be fair, I never wanted to have anything to do with them until I met my first boyfriend two years ago.

We were seventeen and he was the new guy in high school and the only one who didn't seem to care about my brother being an overprotective maniac. Our relationship was simple, easy. He treated me well - at least in the beginning - and I liked him a lot but it never felt like it was going to last forever.

And then he became this psycho that followed me everywhere I went, forbid me to hang with my male friends, went through my phone and pulled some other crazy things which made me break up with him right before graduation.

Things got even worse when my brother found out. My brother is actually a really nice person but he's so overprotective all the damn time and when my controlling brother met my controlling boyfriend, well- let's just say lots of bad things were said and lots of blood was shed. My brother ended up with a broken nose and Chester had his skull broken open.

The point is, it's been a lot of drama. I know that I should've been honest with my brother and told him because finding out through someone else is what made him mad the most. And it's also my fault for being so considerate with Chester for so long. I should've broken up with him way earlier and never let things get this far. The only reason why this happened is because I gave Chester a second chance and he messed up again, and we had this huge argument and obviously when my brother saw this guy insulting me and being really aggressive and then on top of that finding out that he was my boyfriend he got really mad.

"On a serious note though." She sits up and so do I. "The man with the gloves is your neighbour? What apartment does he live in?"

"The one right in front.", I explain. "Why? What do you want to do?"

"Do you think I should go there and ask for milk or anything?"

"Milk?" Is she mental?

"As a cover up. You know, so I can start a conversation with him.", she evaluates.

"I don't know, Gen. I don't think it's a good idea.", I honestly tell her. "He doesn't seem like the type of person to enjoy company. It's also late."