30

"I think I am hallucinating. I am hearing things, Gen. It's not even funny anymore." I groan as I let my head drop onto my desk. I've been studying for five hours straight and it's been like that for the entire week but having to study on a Saturday is even more frustrating.

"Take a break. You didn't even have breakfast. At least drink something or eat an apple." Gen advices as she lowers the volume of the TV. Because in those five hours that I've been studying, trying my best to prepare as much for next week's lectures as possible, Gen didn't move an inch from the couch and watched half a season of Grey's anatomy. "You can join me. I'll fill you in on what happened."

"You're joking." I grunt. If I start watching it now, I won't be able to stop.

"You're right. I am joking. I have no idea what happens on this show except for hot men in white coats. And not to be a disgusting frat boy, but damn I'd let all of those women hit it." Her mouth almost waters and I roll my eyes in disgust.

"I need fresh air." I decide. "You coming?"

"Nah, I am good. But take your keys with you. I don't want to get up."

"You'll collapse if you don't at least take a walk around the living room, Gen." I tell her after grabbing my keys and putting a beanie on. It's kind of gross but I haven't washed my hair in around three days and they're disgustingly greasy right now and I don't want anyone to see me like that.

"Maybe a certain Dr. Derek Shepherd will revive me then. Preferably with mouth-to-mouth." She winks at me before turning around, gluing her eyes onto the monitor.

When I entered the hallway, I heard laughter and loud noises coming from Bucky's apartment. Glad you're having a splendid time. I groan in frustration and hastily walk downstairs before I do something stupid. God, I know I shouldn't make a big deal about this but it bothers me. It really does. I hate how he's enjoying his life at its finest when I am across the hallway, thinking about our kiss all the time. I can't believe he's having friends over. I didn't even know he had friends.

The weather is chilly and a fresh breeze of cold air hits my bare arms when I start walking. I pull my jacket on and zip it close. Even though it's pretty cold, I still like it. Makes me feel revived in a way. There isn't much going on on the streets. A few people coming home from work, some homeless men on the sidewalks, the sound of people talking from their balconies. I wonder if I will ever get sick of the noise. As for now, I love it.

"Isla!" A voice calls after me. I turn around and realise it's from the store.

"Lorenzo." I smile and enter the store.

"Hey, gorgeous." He gives me a welcoming hug. "You're freezing. Why you out?"

"Needed some air. College is being a pain in the ass." I complain and lean against the counter. The store is empty so I don't think it's a big deal.

"Told you to drop out and work here instead."

I laugh. "Yeah sure."

"I mean it. And if you're good you'll maybe be promoted to employee of the month."

"Considering that my only competition is you, I don't even have to be good."

"Dick." He curses at me.

"Pussy." I correct. "So, how are things going with you-know-who?"

"Thanks for not mentioning their name." Enzo grabs a gum from the candy jar. "I have no idea. Kinda ghosting him right now."

Sounds familiar.
"Is he trying to contact you?"

"Yeah, he called me about eight times today." Enzo informs me. So, during our first interaction Enzo opened up to me because he thought he'd never see me again, and told me that he was bisexual, which his father didn't know. And he was always good at covering it up, because he only hooked up with men. But a couple of weeks ago he met this guy at a bar, they hooked up, but not only once. It became a regular thing and eventually ended in a relationship. The other guy was out of the closet already and Enzo wasn't. So whenever they were out, Enzo avoided touching each other, laughing too much, starting at each other too much, anything that might indicate that they are more than just friends.
However, the guy grew sick and confronted Lorenzo a week ago, telling him that he couldn't do this any more and Enzo got mad at him, told him that he can't pressure him like that, they ended up yelling at each other and everything. It was a big mess, from what I heard. Now, the dude regrets it. But Enzo thinks it's some stupid sign. The universe telling him that he shouldn't be dating a guy in the first place.
"It's a blessing, really, to be bi. Because there's a fifty percent change I won't be hated by society and my father." He had told me that time.