1 - Isla

Disclaimer: The story plays a couple of weeks after Endgame and I won't be explaining everything so if you didn't watch the movie and have questions make sure to comment, I'll be more than happy to explain the backstories.
-

Isla waves her parents goodbye as they drive off; her mothers eyes filled with tears, ruining her dark mascara. It's never easy saying goodbye to your daughter, especially if she's moving to a big dangerous city far away from home. But this is right. This is exactly what Isla wanted and her mother had to come to terms with it.
Living in New York. It seems like a dream come true. After years of studying hard and working extra shifts at her small local café everything finally paid off.

When her parent's car disappears in the flooded streets of Brooklyn she turns around and unlocks the front door to the big apartment building. Living in an one-room apartment in Brooklyn wasn't really on her agenda but it's the best she can afford until she finishes college and finally earns some real money. But she didn't really care. Isla could sleep on a parking bench and wouldn't even dare to complain, as long as she's in New York.

After finally being able to lift her two heavy suitcases she walks up to the elevators, pressing the buttons that'll take her to the fourth floor. It's an old elevator that looks like it might crash any second but it's better than having to elevator at all.

A smile is plastered on her face ever since she read the 'Welcome to New York' sign and it probably won't fade anytime soon. No one and nothing could ruin her mood for the foreseeable future. When the rusty metal door opens she leaves the elevator, her suitcases in her hands and the keys to her apartments held between her teeth.
There are only four doors on this floor so she's able to quickly find the hers. After unlocking the wooden door and entering she turns on the lights.

It's a small apartment. The moment you enter you're immediately in the living room. There's already an couch placed in the middle of the room which separates the living room and the kitchen. There's a small cooking island, four chairs, a little oven, a sink and even a microwave. What more could she ask for? She leaves all her stuff in the living room and closes the door behind her, before continuing to look around. There are two doors. The first one leads to a tiny bathroom. A shower, a sink, a little dresser and the toilet. The other door is the entrance to the bedroom.

There's quite a big wardrobe on the left side of the room. An old bed in the middle of the room - taking half the space, a little dresser next to the bed, and even a small desk where she can study. This is perfect. This is more than she expected when she rented the apartment. There are students moving to New York who live under conditions way worse than this.

Isla jumps onto the bed and rolls around not caring that there's dust and probably a bunch of bacteria's on the unwashed sheets. She starts laughing and squeaking. This is happening. This is finally happening. She can't believe that this will be her new life from now on.

Moving to a metropolis like New York City is a big step for a small town girl like Isla. She's aware that she'll be working day and night to afford this city but if that's what it takes to make her dreams come true, then she's willing to take it.

There's a voice in her head telling her that this apartment will be the stepping stone to something far beyond her imagination, something unexpected but obviously she couldn't possibly know what exactly that is - or who.

All she knew that day, that rainy day, on that filthy old mattress was that she's now officially a New York City girl and that's all that mattered in that moment.