40

"Talk to me, babes. What's bugging you?" Gen asks when she picked me up from my shift. We planned to go out for lunch but decided against it when we realized that we don't have any money left. Fun.

"Huh? Nothing, I am just tired because of my shift. The customers have been extra annoying today." I massage the sides of my head and hand her a bowl of homemade spaghetti.

"No, there is something else you are not telling me. Is it James? Did he do something? Are you guys okay?"

"We are absolutely fine. He is coming over later tonight."

"Okay, fine. I will pretend I believe anything you are sayjng. What movie do you want to watch?"

"I think the Kardashian's are on right now." I tell her and sit down next to my cousin, praying that I don't spill anything over my couch. I am too exhausted to clean today so I have to focus on not making a mess. We watch the show for another half an hour before I get up to clean the dishes. Even though I told Gen that I was fine and that there wasn't anything on my mind, I lied.

"So, Gen?" I carefully start. "When you were dating your exes. Did they ever... I don't know... Were they ever trying to not sleep with you? Like they were purposely avoiding it?"

Gen lowers the volume of the television and turns around, a thoughtful expression on her face. "No, quite the opposite actually. Sometimes I had the feeling that they were only with me because of my body. Why do you as- Hold up. Wait. This is about you and James, right? You guys didn't have sex yet?"

I shake my head. "He knows I am a virgin but I told him multiple times that I am ready and that I want it to be with him but he keeps refusing me. And I know that it is stupid to think such a thing but I can't help but feel like I am the problem. Maybe he doesn't like me enough. Or maybe he doesn't think we are gonna last so he doesn't want to sleep with me so he won't rob me of doing it with someone who is forever. Or maybe he... oh my god, do you think he is a virgin himself? Gen, do you think I have to marry him before he is going to sleep with me?"

"God, Jesus. Girl, calm down." She jumps off the couch and walks towards me. "Don't read too much into everything. Let's break this down, okay?" I nod. "So I am pretty sure your whole theory with him being a virgin is ridiculous. Have you seen him? I mean, with all due respect, cousin, but that man hit that hole-in-run centuries ago, more than once. Moving on. You guys obviously kissed, made out. Did you do anything else?"

"Like what?"

"Like heavy petting, blowjobs, handjobs, masturbate next to each other, anal, dry hump-"

"Okay!" I interrupt her. "I get it. And no, we didn't."

"Hm. Weird. Usually men fetishize virgins so I assumed he would have tried something with you already."

"But he didn't. In fact, we had an argument the other day because I told him that losing my virginity isn't special to me whatsoever."

"He was mad at you because of that?"

Well... "I might've also mentioned that I would have slept with Adrian when we had that make out session."

"Now, why the fuck would you say something like that to him? He is already insecure enough!"

"I didn't mean to say it but he asked me and I didn't want to lie to him so I told him the truth." I explain myself. Maybe I should have put it differently but I still don't understand how someone can be mad that their partner had past lovers, relationship or hookups before them. It is simply stupid and ridiculous. And I sure as hell won't be apologizing for being horny in that very moment.