Chapter 40 : The "Guilt"....

Start from the beginning

"Tobias",I begin.He doesn't answer.

"You know it really wasn't your fault",I say.

"IT WAS.I KILLED YOU TRIS",He screams lifting his head up high.

"Oh but I am alive !!",I say.

"That wasn't what I meant.I ALMOST KILLED YOU TRIS",He says screaming the last part.

''No Tobias.You did not do it on purpose.It wasn't intentional !!",I scream.

"You can keep saying that over and over again Tris but the truth will never change.I almost killed you today.I almost killed our baby today even before it was born",Tobias says in a very low voice.

"But you had absolutely no idea of what you were doing !! It is not your fault",I say.

"But-",He begins but I cut him off.

"Tobias its not your fault.You were under mind control",I say.

"But.....I hurt you,I strangled you,I punched you.I am just like him",Tobias says.Marcus ??What nonsense ??

"Tobias what is wrong with you ?? You are nothing like him !! ",I scream.

"I hurt you Tris.I am no better than him",Tobias says and puts his head in his hands again.

"Hey Look at me",I insist.He looks up.I put my palm on his face.

"You are nothing like him Tobias.He used to enjoy hurting people and he used to do it on purpose.But not you Tobias.You did it unintentionally and you did not enjoy it.You feel guilty for what you did Tobias.You love me.You are a billion times better than him Tobias.Stop saying that you are like him because you are not",I say trying to make him feel better.

"But Tris I-",He begins but I cut him off by putting my fingers on his lips.

"SHHH !!!",I whisper."The way you behaved was the way Jeanine wanted you to,Tobias.You were under Mind control !! You are nothing like him Tobias.Don't say that ever again.Got it ??",I say and then ask.

He just nods in response.

"I love you Tobias",I say.

"I love you too Tris.I am so sorry for almost killing you today",Tobias says.

"It's okay Tobias",I say and smile.I then lean in closer to him and Kiss him.

We sit there kissing on the couch for some time.After which we break the Kiss.I then scoot closer to him.My head on his chest.

After about a few min's my stomach starts growling loudly.

"Hungry ??",Tobias asks grinning.

"Yeah.I did not even have lunch",I say since we were in the Erudite HQ.

"I will go a get some Panera Bread for us.You stay here and take some rest",Tobias says.Panera Bread !! Yay !! My favourite !!

"Okay Honey",I say.

"Honey ??",He asks.Shocked I called him that.

"Just thought I would try it out",I say.Tobias laughs.

"You are so cute",Tobias says and kisses the top of my head.

"Thanks.You are cute as well",I say.

"Cliché Tris",He says making me laugh.My stomach starts growling even louder.Making Tobias laugh.

"Looks like the Baby has got your appetite",Tobias says.

"Excuse me what ??",I ask shocked.

"Nothing",He says.

"Are you tying to imply that I have got a large appetite ??",I ask.

"No I wasn't trying to say that.I will go get Dinner",He says immediately and then kisses my forehead.

"Bye Tris.I will be back in a few",He says.

"Bye Tobias.Be back soon.I am damn hungry",I say.Making Tobias laugh.

"Sure my love",He says and the exits the house and closes door.

Now that I am alone and waiting for Tobias I decide to watch TV.I then switch the TV on and watch it till Tobias comes.

Tobias finally comes with Dinner !! He rings the doorbell.I go and open the door.

"Hey !!!",I say enthusiastically.

"Woah !! Looks like someone is excited to eat !!",Tobias says.

"Shut up !!",I say and give him a death glare.He then comes inside and we eat our food.It's soooo Tasty !!! I so damn love it !!

After a while we are done eating our food.We then put our plates in the Dishwasher.After which we just sit on the couch talking some random stuff.

I then start feeling very sleepy.

We then go to sleep.Me and Tobias.With our arms wrapped around each other !! I am so glad I was able to get Tobias out of his guilt !! I love him so much.

With all these thoughts running in my head I finally fall asleep.Wrapped in Tobias's strong,comforting arms.

A/N : So that was the end of the Fortieth Chapter !!! How was the chapter ?? Also Don't forget to Leave your comments for me :)

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

AND RECOMMEND THIS STORY !!!!

And remember :

<4 ❤️❤️❤️