⒚ Sober

Play/Listen to Sober by Conan Gray

-------------------------------------------------------------

Rosie picked up Jungkook's soaked jacket, "Here's your jacket." She said cheekily as she threw it on his head.

She quickly stood up out of the water before he could do anything else.

-                     -                   -

"What about our parents?" Jungkook asked.

Jungkook and Rosie were walking back to the house after they found their way out of the maze. Rosie was freezing, and even though Jungkook wanted to help, there was nothing he could do.

"I don't know." She wrapped her arms around herself, "We either walk straight to the sliding door, and tell them what happened, or we sneak in?" Her arms tightened around her waist making, Jungkook feel the urge to just wrap her in his arms.

But he couldn't.

They both decided to just walk up to the sliding door. It would be even more embarrassing if they got caught trying to sneak in.

"Rosie, Jungkook, just who we were looking f-"

Rosie's father cut himself off as he noticed them dripping wet when they came closer to the door.

"Why are you wet?" Jungkook's dad's eyes widened at the sight.

Rosie held her hands and looked down, "We accidentally fell in the pond in the middle of the maze." She bit her lower lip, "It was pretty dark."

As you know, Rosie has been very good at lying since the days of high school. She was a good girl most of the time, but if her father found out about one mistake she made. It was off to Australia. Of course, no matter how hard she tried... her father still sent her.

To her, this, didn't really count as a lie. She just left out information.

Rosie's father called for Nana, and they walked up to stairs to shower while Nana dry cleaned Jungkooks clothes.

-                  -                -

"I'm sure this is goodbye." Rosie held out her hand to Jungkook, who was now just wearing his black turtle neck and jeans.

Rosie on the other hand; was dressed in grey sweat pants and a big matching hoodie. She waited for him to finish changing so she could say goodbye to him at the top of the stairs, instead of his whole family seeing her dressed informally.

He grabbed her hand, "Good seeing you again, Chae."

She huffed and pulled her hand away.

-                     -                    -

"I don't want you to make a stupid action like that again!" Jungkooks dad looked at Jungkook through the rearview mirror.