⒑ Home

"Rosie!"

Rosie looked up from her phone and quickly scanned the airport. A big smile appeared on her lips when she noticed Jennie waving her hand vigorously in the air. She began a brisk walk and crashed into Jennie without a word.

"I missed you so much!" Rosie told her when they parted from their tight hug.

"Uhm, hi?" Rosie turned to look at Lisa and Jisoo, who were standing awkwardly.
"Five years of not seeing each other, and you two still are in your own world when you're together." Jisoo said with her eyebrows lifted.

"Ugh, I missed you two too!" Rosie pulled them both in a hug and felt a small tear escape her right eye.
 When they pulled out of the hug, Rosie wiped her tear quickly, "Our face times were never enough for me." She said with a sob.

"Oh, no, here she goes again. Being all emotional." Jennie rolled her eyes, but the other three could see her tears forming.

"Ay, I think we should get going before everyone starts crying." Jisoo patted Jennie on her shoulder, and they all headed for the parking lot.

-               -               -

"When did you come back to South Korea?" Rosie asked Lisa -who was sitting in the backseat with her.

"I only arrived about two weeks ago?" Lisa answered with a shrug.

"I've been here for a month already." Jennie turned to face us from the front seat.

"What I want to know is why do you want to be called Rosie now?" Jisoo briefly looked at Rosie through the rearview mirror.

"It's my English name my friends from Australia gave me. I got used to it and do not want to go through the whole process of getting used to my Korean name again." Rosie replied and pursed her lips together.

"We're here," Jisoo said as she parked the car in the mall's parking lot.

"Why are we at the mall?" Rosie looked out the car window, confused.

"Your dad asked if we could buy groceries on our way back," Jennie answered as she opened the door.

They all got out and walked to the entrance. Rosie stopped in her tracks when she noticed a woman in her mid-forties that was struggling to pack her bags in her boot.

"I'll catch up with you guys." Rosie quickly said and did a little jog to help the woman.

"May I help you?" She asked with a warm smile. The woman looked up at her with tired eyes and slowly formed a weak smile.

"That would be lovely." She answered.
 Rosie started packing the bags in the boot, and after insisting the second time for the elder to not lift any more bags, she finally agreed.

"There!" Rosie closed the boot and dusted her hands.

"Oh, thank you so much!" The woman squeezed Rosie's hand, "Please let me treat you to something?" She looked at Rosie intrigued with what her answer might be.

"No, no," Rosie waved her hands, "Please don't make a fuss about it. I'm also quite busy right now." She answered with a sigh