➷ Mitsuya // Tough times ➹

Start from the beginning

"Draken, he..."

A sweat began to form on your forehead, fearing what he was about to tell you. You could only assume the worst.

"He's gone."

Your heart dropped. Tears dwelled in your eyes.

"What..?"

You mumbled, tears falling down and staining your cheeks. You could hear Mitsuya sniffling. He probably had started crying again too.

---

Draken was a close friend of yours too, but you couldn't imagine how it was for Mitsuya. You knew how close they were. They weren't called the 'Twin Dragons of Toman' for nothing.

It hurt you a lot to hear the news, but you couldn't fall down. Mitsuya was also in pain. You almost felt guilty for being sad, knowing that it must've been even harder on him.

"Y/N nee-san? What's wrong?"

You heard Mana ask, snapping you out of your thoughts. You looked at the 2 girls and they were looking back at you with confusion in their face. You smiled and shook your head.

"It's nothing. You 2 should head to bed now, it's getting late"

You said, standing up and picking up their bowls. They nodded and stood up from the dinner table.

"Make sure to brush your teeth before bed!"

You said to them. They both responded with a 'hai!' in unison, before walking off to their room.

You turned on the kitchen sink, and sighed.

"I'm like a mom now"

You chuckled sadly to yourself.

Draken's death had taken a major toll on Mitsuya. After he'd heard about the fashion design newcomer award, he cooped himself up in his room to work on ut, and you were now in charge of taking care of his younger sisters. You had been staying at his place since then.

You were burnt out, but it seemed Mitsuya had now taken priority in his work. Even though it wasn't your responsibility, you loved Luna and Mana too much to let them handle that on their own. You also thought about how much Mitsuya had done for you in the past. It was your turn to help him now.

-

You were on the couch, trying to get in contact with your mom, until you heard a faint yelling from outside.

What the-?

You thought as you stood up from the couch and walked closer to the door.

"Did you hear it too Y/N nee-san?"

You heard Luna ask from behind you.

"Yeah, but I think it'd be best if we ignor-"

"TAAAAKAAAAA-CHAAAAN LET'S PLAY!"

You stopped mid sentence as you recognized the yelling voice. You swung open the door to reveal Takemichi, Hakkai, Chifuyu, and Inui. You gave them a look of confusion and annoyance.