WHEN I WAS YOUR MAN

long ass chapter

Hoseok sighed, chugging down a shot of vodka as he stared onto the dance floor.

He was at his friend Jungkook's New Years party.

he wasn't staring at just anything or anyone. He was staring at his ex boyfriend min yoongi.

Hoseok felt his heart pound in his chest. In jealousy..and guilt.

It had been a year and 1 month now, since Yoongi broke up with Hoseok. It was because Hoseok was always busy, not giving yoongi enough attention or time during their relationship.

It left yoongi heart broken, because yoongi loved Hoseok so much. And though Hoseok said he loved him back, he didn't do much to show that.

Yoongi had just felt like it would be better off if they weren't dating. He wanted someone who would prioritize him and Make him feel loved.

Something Hoseok hadn't done in their relationship.

At least.. that was yoongis perspective of it all.

Hoseok was currently watching as yoongi was dancing with another man right in front of his eyes.

Well.. not RIGHT in front of him.

But to Hoseok, it felt like it because yoongi hadn't left his sight all night.

Though it had been a year, he felt guilty.

He should have moved on by now. But with how much he loved yoongi.. it was really hard.

If only he had treated yoongi better.

The truth is, Hoseok had actually planned so much for yoongi. He had spent hundreds and thousands of dollars, planning on surprising him.

but whenever the day came that he wanted to surprise him, either work got in the way or yoongi couldn't make it.

The day yoongi broke up with him was the day Hoseok finally was going to give him everything.

Hoseok wished to give yoongi the world. He cared about him so much.

He was planning on quitting his job and using the money he earned to buy them their own house instead of their old rickety apartment.

He worked so hard to provide yoongi with everything he wanted and needed.. But.. he just took too long.

Because of how long he had mourned about losing yoongi, he was fired from his job.

His boss said he didn't have enough energy anymore, and he didn't put as much effort into his work like he did before.

When he had yoongi.

Yoongi left before he could show him the love he truly deserved.

Hoseok was too late.

"Hoseok, you okay bud?" Jimin asked, sitting on the stool next to Hoseok.

Hoseok's eyes never left yoongi, he just weakly nodded.

Jimin followed Hoseok's gaze, frowning when he noticed what or.. who Hoseok had been looking at. "Oh..Seok..you're still not over him..?" he mumbled. He still felt bad for the older male.

"I was too late Jimin.." Hoseok muttered, holding back tears. "I'm such a dumbass. If I could've just spent more time with him.. cared less about my stupid job.. gave him more attention..he would still be with me."

Jimin sighed, side hugging Hoseok. "Hoseok it's not your fault.. you were doing your best to provide for him."

"But I did it in a stupid way."