🌹𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕 | 𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐖𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐆𝐨...

I shoot up from my bed, sweat trickling from my forehead as I look around

I shoot up from my bed, sweat trickling from my forehead as I look around. I see Yuki in the bed opposite from mine, snoring softly. I sigh, as I get up from my bed and wear my slippers. 

I slowly open the door, making sure it doesn't creek so I don't wake up Yuki and exit our room. I walk to our common room, to fetch a glass of water. As I open the door, I am welcomed by cold air, perfect for me as my body is very warm.

I take a pitcher and fill it up with water, finishing it in one go and filling up another, just in case I need it for the night. I leave the room, walking up the stairs, but as I was about to make a turn, I bump into someone with jet black hair, accidentally spilling water on him.

"Sorry!"

"Oh- No, it's fine," I look up to see Kaigaku with a wet stain on his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I ask bitterly, not being bothered to deal with his bullshit.

"I could be asking you the same thing," He leans on the wall, hands in his pyjama trouser pocket. 

"I went to the Space Force and fought a bunch of sheep with exploding nuclear bombs attached to their asses," I say sarcastically.

"Wow, must've been a trip," He says sarcastically.

"What about you?"

"Eh, couldn't sleep, so I just decided to walk around,"

This is the first time I've seen Kaigaku this... calm. This is new... and I could get used to this. His voice is also weirdly relaxing as well.

"Thinking about me?" He smirks.

"N-no," Dammit, why did I stutter!?!

I look down at the ground as I feel his hand gripping my arm, pulling me close to him. He wipes the excess sweat from my face as he looks deep into my eyes.

"Don't lie to me..."

"I-I wasn't lying! I wasn't thinking about you!"

"No, not that. You said you were fine. You're not."

"I-"

He cups my face and I stare deep into his ocean blue eyes, "Just a bad dream..." I get loose from his grip.

"Bad dreams are called nightmares, honey. So, that's why you went out to get water?"

"Yeah, thought it would calm me down,"

"Come on, let's get you some more water, you spilt it all on me, so..."

"Yeah... sorry, again,"

"As I said before, it's fine."

As we walk to my common room, I feel... relaxed. Like, a weight has just been lifted from my shoulders, regardless of the heavy weight on my chest.

"Hey, Kaigaku?"

"Hmmm?"

"Have you ever gotten a dream connected to your past... that you weren't aware of when you were alive, but realise it now?"

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. Elaborate,"

"Well, as the whole damn school knows, my future husband committed suicide the day before my wedding. And, I had a dream that..." I trail off, not wanting to say what I intend to.

"...That he didn't love you?"

"Y-yeah. And that he o-" I pause. 

Why am I telling him this? I don't know him well, what if he tells everyone as some sort of joke? I can't risk it. Right now, the only person I can trust is Yumi. 

"Why did you pause?"

"I-"

"Look, you don't have to tell me. I get it. If that were me, I wouldn't either. So don't feel forced. If ya wanna tell me, I'm here for you, if you don't, I'm here regardless," He reassures me.

After we get the water, I tug him by his shirt, which makes him stop and turn around.

"Yeah?"

"C-can I ask for a favour?"

"Sure. Anything,"

"Can I stay with you for the night? That way I don't feel lonely,"

"I mean, sure. But girls aren't allowed to stay in boys' dorms overnight. Same with guys." He reminds me.

"I-I'll think of something. J-Just once..."

"What about Koyuki-san?"

"She's currently sleeping. I wouldn't want to wake her,"

"Well, sure. You can stay. I guess you've never seen the boys' building before. And I'd guess we'd arrive sooner since the common rooms are the things that connect both of the buildings together."

"Thank you,"

"Come on,"

***

I walk into his dorm room, his roommate sleeping peacefully in the bed opposite him. I walk to the nearest table and place the cup of water on it. I then make my way to the bed, to see Kaigaku already tucking himself in. 

He signals me to come towards him, and I go on all fours so that I can make my way to the other side of the bed so that when his roommate wakes up, he'll see Kaigaku's back, not me. 

I cover myself with the soft blanket while Kaigaku wraps his arms around me, one of his hands playing with my hair as I bury my face into his chest. I hold him tight, afraid to let go.

"Kaigaku?" I whisper.

"Yeah?"

"Tell me..."

"What?"

"Say you won't let go..."

He smiles, "Don't worry. I never plan on leaving,"

[14/03/2022]Well, this is a shit chapter :)

[14/03/2022]
Well, this is a shit chapter :). I actually made it yesterday but finished it today, like a weirdo. Anyways, I dunno why but I thought it would be a good idea to do the Welcome Chapter, the first chapter in this book before I continued with this.

Overall, I would say I'm happy with the progress, but I wish I made like, a plan beforehand on what I'm going to include in this chapter, because I have all of the main ideas, but it's just the details. For example, when I first wrote this, I was gonna put Douma instead of Kaigaku for some reason.

Anyways, there's no going back now. I'm in too deep. Hopefully, I can end strong!