Chapter 11 Part 2: communicate

The silence in the room was almost too loud for the two of them. Jett couldn't look at Sage in her eyes after asking the question. Her eyes became too blurry with tears, and she had a hunch that she already knew the answer to it. The thought of it made her feel like breaking every time she thinks about it.

Sage squeezes her hands gently, and even though Jett's eyes were glued to the ground, she could tell Sage was just as teary eyes as she is. "Jett, I'm sorry." She said with her eyebrows arched together. "I was sure that I would never like her!" Jett finally looked at her in the eye, and this time, she could see that she was hurt once again. Sage's eyebrows calmed down the moment their eyes met.

"was," Jett scoffed at her. "For once, can you stop making decisions on your own?" She continued with her voice full of rage. "You keep making decisions like THAT, and look where it got you, LOOK WHERE IT GOT US!" She took a deep breath and smiled bitterly once again. "Did you even think about how I would feel about this?" Sage felt like she wasn't allowed to say anything. Like every word she'd say would hurt Jett more. There was a few seconds of dreadful silence before Jett would say that one thing Sage would've never thought she'd say.

"I love you. I love you so much it hurts, but I still wouldn't give up on you because you put me in a situation where I would never give up on you unless you tell me to stop. That, even after all the hidden things you do with Reyna behind my back— I will always be here for you, I won't leave you, and I will still love you even if it hurts me. " A part of Jett hated that everything she said to her was true, but at the same time, she was relieved to get that out of her system. "And if ever you finally make your choice, and it's not me, I guess I would love you silently until my feelings for you fade away." She was frightened, frightened, that, if that ever happens, she'd never move on from her.

After all the things Jett said to her, Sage couldn't take it anymore, and the tears in her eyes finally let themselves trickle onto her cheeks. "You don't deserve this." She cried out to her. She believed that Jett didn't deserve any of the things she did to her and how she made her feel. She was right, and if she could make everything perfect, she'd never been in love with Reyna, they'd be together happily, and maybe all of this wouldn't even be written. Perhaps it wasn't even Reyna's fault that they ended up in this situation, and it was probably Sage because she wasn't faithful enough to Jett. "I don't deserve you." She continued. Once again, perhaps she was right again. Right about how she felt like she deserved neither Reyna nor Jett at this very moment. Though she only wanted what was best for them, it turned to this melodrama-like story, and everything seemed to be falling apart for her. To her, Reyna's like this person who lied her way through everything, and she still got what she wanted. "I'm sorry for everything. I should've told you, and I should have never liked Reyna in the first place."

"But, you do now, and I'm guessing you didn't think about how she'd feel when you said that," Jett spoke to her as she wiped the tears cascading from Sage's eyes. "I wouldn't tell you about my feelings if I knew this would happen. " She continued with her bittersweet smile slowly fading away to a sorrowful look.

Some things should be secret; not all things need to be said out loud, like their feelings towards each other. Love takes a risk, but Jett thought that maybe she shouldn't have been brave. Now, their friendship is on the line, and if she could even turn back the time, she would. "I'm afraid of losing my best friend; I'm afraid of losing you." She said as she pulled Sage into an embrace. "And I wish it was that easy for me to find somebody else so I wouldn't be hurt as much as I am now, but I realize that I don't need anyone else; I just needed you." She tightens her hug on her; who knows, maybe this would be their last time being this close. "I wonder where I lacked." Jett sighs lowly as she lets her go. Sage's nose was red, and so were her eyes from crying, but it didn't seem like she was stopping soon.