Chapter 5 Part 1:2 Months And A Day

A/N: the single closing and opening quotation mark means they're only thinking of it and a double quotation mark means they're saying it. In this story. 😗✌️//

It's been weeks since Reyna and Sage met at the dog park. The first month is almost over. For Reyna ang Sage, their relationship might have been improving the more time they spent together but Sage still doesn't like her romantically. As for Jett and Sage, the thing they both feared is currently happening. They started gradually getting a bit distant from each other. The more Reyna and Sage get closer, the more Sage and Jett separate from each other.

"Hey."
"Hi.."

The awkward atmosphere settles in as they exchange smiles. "Hmm... What are you cooking?" The korean asked while opening the fridge for a drink. "Uh, just eggs" Sage replied smiling a bit. "Do you want some? I can cook you one" She continued as she look at the girl by the fridge drinking juice. "N-No I'm... I'm good" The korean girl replied almost choking on her drink. Silence. The only sound that can be heard is the eggs cooking. It was unbearable. The silence, the awkward atmosphere, and the changes. "Uhm Sage..." The Korean girl broke the silence. "Yes?" She replied as she transferred the egg into a plate.

"Are we still best friends?" Jett asked her taking another sip at her drink, she looks at her. The Chinese girl lets out an awkward chuckle. "Yeah of course we are, why are you asking that?" She looks at back at her. "We weren't like before" Jett walks closer to the Chinese girl. "What do you mean?" she smiled weakly.

'I don't like this, I want to go back...'

"We changed." She placed down her drink on the counter. "You said we'll stay the same, what happened to that?" She continued as she look seriously at Sage's eyes. "Why are you drifting away?" She grasped the girl's clothes lightly but her the look from her eyes now looks more concerned than serious. "I-I'm not" She replied removing Jett's hand from her clothes. "Sorry..." Jett said looking at her hands. "Its fine" Sage smiled warmly while getting rice from the rice cooker.

'I still wonder what you mean by waiting 3 months, you make me curious every time I look at you. Even so I will still wait even if I have no idea what I'm waiting for as long as its for you'

"I'm... I'm going..." Jett excused as she walk away from the Chinese girl. Sage lets out a heavy sigh looking at Jett as she leave. 'I'm sorry for being such a coward...' She thought placing her plate at the dinner table.

Jett walks to her room with a heavy feeling in her heart. At that very moment she just wish she didn't confess or kissed Sage that day. She thought to herself, they both lost love and friendship. She sat on the floor hugging her knees in while resting her back on the door. 'I wish I could turn back the time.' She thought remembering how happy they were back then. She sat on the floor with full of regrets. She knows she can't do anything about it anymore and feels sorrowful and sometimes even embarrassed why she even did such thing.

-

"Reyna how is Sage?" The cloaked man asked her. The Mexican smiled at him seeming to be satisfied about the situation. "I think she finally likes me" She grinned at him. "I still couldn't believe she just agreed to be your girlfriend just like that." Omen chuckled at her. "Oh that's right, you only have 2 months left after this day..." The man reminded the Mexican.

"Right..."
"Well, I know she only agreed to it because she wants me to leave her alone."

Her grin was replaced by a weak smile and a sincere look in her eyes.

'I love her, I don't know why and when. It doesn't matter if she doesn't love me back.'

She smiled scoffs at her thought. A few months ago from now she was obsessed trying to make Sage like her by doing flashy things. She gave her roses every time they meet, she showered her with compliments and she treated her expensive meals. They still had no effect on Sage, she didn't give up on her but she realized maybe she was trying too hard or maybe she doesn't want that type of thing. Maybe she wants her to be just herself and stop trying to impress her, she thought. "I think I changed as a person" The mexican scratched a mosquito bite on her arm. "I see it too, you're being nicer but you must remember to never let that affect your performance at missions." Omen lightly frowned at her.

'Or else I might do something I don't like to bring you back to who you were'

Omen thought while looking at Reyna. "Of course, I am not flawed by love..." She spoke boldly at him, confident about her statement. He smiled at her and left her alone at the couch. 'Is he belittling me?' She scoffs at him as he leave.

Bzzt, bzzt, bzzt

Her phone vibrates on the sofa. She looks at her phone to see an incoming call. She answers it with a smile plastered on her face. "Hi, what is it?" She greeted. "Come here I have something to say, I can't say it on phone..." The girl from the other line said seriously. "Alright, I'll be there." She replied in a serious tone matching her. The call ends and she wasted no time and grabbed her coat and got her keys, quickly rushing outside. She starts the car and drives off to Sage's place.

Luckily there was no traffic on the way so she arrived faster than anticipated with her fast driving that Sage doesn't like. The Mexican messaged her letting her know she was outside. Sage walked outside and went straight towards the car. She waved her hand at the mexican and sat at the passenger seat and puts her seat belt on once she entered the car. "Hi... Just drive anywhere" Sage requested with her hand on her head.

Reyna nodded and did what she said. The Chinese woman looks stressed and troubled. "What did you call me for?" The Mexican woman questioned with her strong accent making Sages hand on her forehead be placed on her lap. To Sage she sounded a bit angry and maybe even in a bad mood. "Sorry I- were you busy when I called?" She looks at her with a small smile. "No, no, I wasn't busy. You called me for?" She repeated the question looking at the road. "Okay well... I just want to say we only have 2 months after this day ends." She smiled happily.

"I am well aware of that" The mexican replied. She looks at the girl who was happily smiling. "You seem happy, looking forward to breaking up?" Reyna chuckled. "Yes. I am looking forward to breaking up with you." Sage replied honestly while looking at the mexican. 'She looks so happy, I hate it.' The mexican thought with a feeling of guilt just by thinking that. Shouldn't she be happy that Sage is happy? But no matter how she try or where she look at it, she just can't put herself to be happy that they'll be breaking up after 2 months and a day.